[RESOLVED] I think I broke my game

elizaza

Greenhorn
Hi everybody!

I'm a little panicking right now. I'm at Spring of the 3rd year and I tried to download two new mods : Hogwarts and East Scarp with all the mods required for them to run that I didn't already have. After downloading them in my mods, when I went to sleep after a day, the daily savings didn't appear. When I went to check on SMAPI, there's an endless message that keep posting and posting. I can't read it because it's always adding the same RED message over and over. I tried deleting everything I downloaded, I deleted the mods that weren't compatible with Hogwarts and East Scarp even if I'd deleted them AND I deleted the backup files of today the 15th of April. I tried everything I could think of, but the savings still don't charge when I go to bed and the red messages still appear.

I'm out of options and I fear I'll have to redo everything from A to Z, and that I will lose my game of 3 years done. Please help me!! I'll try all your suggestions, I don't know what to do!

Thanks from all my heart!
Elizaza

Kirana

Greenhorn
If you are playing with Steam, try going into those save files and copying over the last save data into your Roaming. Make sure you make a copy on your desktop to keep it safe just in case this fails. Be advised that Steam saves are older than SMAPI or local data so you might lose a couple days progress but that's better than the entire file

Kirana

Greenhorn
Directions on how to do that with screenshots:

1. Go into your Steam account, right click SDV, manage, Browse local files. It will pull up File Browser with the address Steam > steamapps > common > Stardew Valley on the C drive.
2. In the Stardew Valley folder, find save-backups folder with the most recent date, open the WinRar zipped file, select the save file by Farm name, and copy over the files "Farm name, Farm name_old, SaveGameInfo, SaveGameInfo_old" into AppData > Roaming > StardewValley > saves > Farm Name. You can access roaming by pressing the Windows button + R, "%appdata%\StardewValley\saves", Enter.
3. It will replace files of the same name so pro-tip; Create a desktop folder to make copies of the AppData folder files AND the Steam folder files.
Another pro-tip; In AppData, any file with the Farm Name and a string of numbers will be edited when you save, so add an underscore + version save or something so the game does not rewrite that file. For example, the _old file won't be rewritten, but is a backup for the original FarmName_123456789 file.
address.PNG
dateWIN.PNG
FarmName.PNG
filestocopy.PNG
copiedover.PNG

elizaza

Greenhorn
Hi !

Thank you for yout thorough response! I managed to go the the step « copy farm name, farm name old, savegameinfo, savegameinfo old », but after that, I dont know where to find « App data ». Even with your last screenshot, there's no files named « saves » in my Stardew Valley folder. I don't know how to do the step « App data » before « Roaming ».

Would you please help me with this step?

Thank you again for your precious time!
Elizaza

elizaza

Greenhorn
Ok I think I got it, but it still doesn't work. I took a screenshots of what I did and of the message I talked about in my thread. Maybe I did something wrong I don't know. I'm hoping you can help find the problem with me, if it's not too much of an inconvenience for you of course!

Attachments

elizaza

Greenhorn
Hello again! I found the problem! With the screenshot I took, I managed to find out that I didn't delete the fish I had in my fishpond that doesn't exist anymore in my mods. I thank you for the time you took. I know now how to do my own backups, thanks to you!!! :D