Solved Resolution Issue--overflowing the screen, changes locked

viv_yells

Newcomer
Hey folks, I just got a new computer (2021 Macbook Pro, M1 version) and downloaded my Steam account and Stardew saved games from my venerable old 2015 Macbook (pour one out). I just tried to play for the first time on the new laptop, and the only way I can describe the situation is that my screen is overflowing. When the inventory bar jumps to the top of the screen, roughly the top 20% or so is cut off. The date and time info in the top corner is cut off.

I tried the alt+enter to tab between types of window options, but I could only get a window and the windowed borderless, not plain old full screen. When I go to change it via the menu, it locks into windowed borderless if I'm on that one and won't let me open the menu at all. If I'm in windowed and try to go to full screen, the whole screen goes black and I can't get to anything (including the swipe to get back to my desktop), but I can alt+enter to get back to windowed. No matter HOW I set it, the ability to edit resolution in the options of my game is faded out and can't be altered.

I found this post from earlier this year that sounded like a similar issue and I tried the solution there, but it didn't work for me. I'm at a loss as to why my brand new computer is struggling more than my 7 year old computer :sweat: Preemptive thanks for any help, I've read these forums and the wiki and gotten so much out of everyone's contributions :heart:

viv_yells

Newcomer
UPDATE: I have been able to get the resolution to work by going into window mode and using the green full screen button on the upper left corner of the window. This didn't work the first time, but DID work after I followed the deleting the config file step in the linked post above. There's still no option for straight full screen, but so far as I can tell, this works fine, so if someone else stumbles upon this issue, this seems to be a viable solution :smile: Happy farming! :stardrop: