Reminder: Update your private info/change your passwords

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
We've had an uptick of compromised accounts on the forums, something we don't normally see. These accounts are mostly inactive users who likely have older emails or passwords, but I can confirm that they used to be normal accounts with people who posted normally or are part of the community elsewhere. I don't think your accounts are in danger, but you should change your email if you no longer use it, update your passwords if you haven't, and enable 2-Factor-Authentication if you can. To change your email, you can click on your name and go to 'Account Details'. To change your password or enable 2-factor authentication, click your name and go to 'Password and security'.

These compromised accounts are most likely because of their email addresses, so I recommend changing your email password too. You can check if your email was part of any data breaches by using this site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

This is just a courtesy message because of the spam we've seen, and I want to make sure everyone's accounts are secure and safe :) Thanks for reading!