Refuse to be a Scrooge(Feast of the Winter Star Crash)

Flaming_Cynner

Greenhorn
So, I play Stardew Valley on the Switch and I love it so much, but I’ve had one problem, I recently gotten it updated to version 1.5.4.2, and I am currently on my 4th Feast of the Winter Star, the hours right before the feast. I do my usual winter chores, milk the cows, grab the eggs, say hi to all my animals, I open a letter that gives my fertilizer and I head to the feast at 9 am. This go around I am Emily’s secret Santa, I talk to everyone because everyone deserves acknowledgement on FotWS (Pierre and Lewis are on thin ice), I get to Emily, I give her a diamond, she say thanks, loves it, and it blacks out to go to my gift scene, only to reveal on my Switch that the game is closed because of an error.

So I try it again, do my farm chores, go to the feast, say hi to all, and I try to change the gift, I give Emily a Ruby this time, she says thanks, blacks out to the gift scene, results are the same: game closed because of an error. So I try it another time trying to see if something I’m doing in the routine is making it do this. Farm chores, mail with fertilizer, go to the Feast, but this time I go straight over to Emily, give her a Diamond, she says thanks, blacks out, game closed because of an error.

So now, I’m currently waiting for the next update so I can continue with this Feast, because I refuse to be a Scrooge in order to get past this bump, Emily deserves better than that. Other than this trial, the game is nothing short of wonderful, amazing, and full of heart. I hope to have the issue resolved as soon as possible within reason, thank you so much for all your hard work.

Mr satan

Farmhand
I don't really have an idea why is that exactly happing,do you get an error number or message? If you don't then maybe try fully clearing your inventory (like have only Emily's gift) that is the best idea I could come up with

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I recall hearing of a glitch that will cause such a crash if you have not yet met the person giving your gift. If that's what is happening, there may be no way to move past it other than to skip the festival.

Flaming_Cynner

Greenhorn
I don't really have an idea why is that exactly happing,do you get an error number or message? If you don't then maybe try fully clearing your inventory (like have only Emily's gift) that is the best idea I could come up with
I get an error message, I play Stardew on my Switch Lite, so it blacks out to change the scene, and then the error message pops up. I can try clearing the inventory, thank you for the suggestion

Flaming_Cynner

Greenhorn
I recall hearing of a glitch that will cause such a crash if you have not yet met the person giving your gift. If that's what is happening, there may be no way to move past it other than to skip the festival.
I don’t know if that is the case, but it’s possible… I heard that there was a glitch of the case involving Leo from the island… but I don’t even know… I should have met everyone here right now…