Red Cabbage, Mixed Seeds, & Purple Slimes for MOBILE

Lma574

Tiller
So 1.5 hasn't come to mobile.
Being stuck on 1.4, the wiki isn't as helpful as it used to be.
I restart every now and then because I enjoy building from scratch.
On my most recent restart, doing the community center, the traveling cart hasn't had red cabbage or seeds and I'm in Winter now. Yes I know to check the night market as well, however, I used the stardew predictor and it says I won't be able to get them in the night market either ... It told me traveling cart would be winter of year 2.

Questions about observations:
(1) The wiki indicates that purple slimes can drop red cabbage seeds.
I have tried this in skull cavern multiple times to no avail.
I also know that there is a very tiny chance of getting them on reward levels in skull cavern.
The wiki indicates that drops were added for serpents and mummies in 1.5... so does this mean purple slimes can drop them in 1.4 since they are listed as a source?
I searched here and also googled to no avail.

(2) In fall, year 1, I planted some mixed seeds. Among the other things that came up, I received a couple of artichokes. These are normal year two seeds. So does this mean that I could get red cabbage from mixed seeds in summer of year one? (Obviously I can't go back in time but I'd still like to know).
Again, I searched here and also googled to no avail.

Your comments and assistance are appreciated!

LM

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
As far as I remember, purple slime always had a chance to drop red cabbage seeds, but I'm not sure.

Mixed seeds are never red cabbage. I'm summer, you can get corn, pepper, radish or wheat.

Elenna101

Farmer
I don't think purple slimes were able to drop red cabbage seeds before 1.5, because at one point on 1.4 @BlaDe spent hours grinding skull caverns to get the tiny chance of a red cabbage seed from a treasure chest in skull caverns, and he definitely wouldn't have done that if purple slimes were an option. I think it's more likely the wiki editors just forgot to add a note saying that it was changed in 1.5.

And yeah, mixed seeds can't get red cabbage. The Mixed Seeds page on the wiki says all the possible crops they can give.

BlaDe

Farmer
Correct, no red cabbage from purple slimes in 1.4

If you don't have it in the cart, the only other way to get it is a 1/648 from a treasure room in the caverns...