Recolored fishing rod showing default color when using it to fish

LooneyLuny

Greenhorn
This has been bugging me for a while now, and I think it's the last thing I really want/need to fix about my recolor mod. The fishing rods, despite having recolored the animations, still show the default color overlaid on the animation images. By which I mean, the model of the fishing rod when in use is the new one I drew (I can see the shape of the rose on the handle), but the game is overlaying color of the default rod over it. Iridium rods turn the model purple, and the Fiberglass rod (since it's colorless) is the only one that displays the new model in it's proper colors. Does anyone know a way to stop this from happening?

Right now I'm only using the Fiberglass rod in my playthrough for the recolor, but I just got the Advanced Iridium and really want to use it instead. Which I'm sure is the case for most people using my mod too.

Dyanosis

Tiller
This has been bugging me for a while now, and I think it's the last thing I really want/need to fix about my recolor mod. The fishing rods, despite having recolored the animations, still show the default color overlaid on the animation images. By which I mean, the model of the fishing rod when in use is the new one I drew (I can see the shape of the rose on the handle), but the game is overlaying color of the default rod over it. Iridium rods turn the model purple, and the Fiberglass rod (since it's colorless) is the only one that displays the new model in it's proper colors. Does anyone know a way to stop this from happening?

Right now I'm only using the Fiberglass rod in my playthrough for the recolor, but I just got the Advanced Iridium and really want to use it instead. Which I'm sure is the case for most people using my mod too.
IIRC, your recolor mod is using overlay to update the image, right? Have you tried using replace instead? Instead of overlaying your image, you could instead replace the whole thing with your rod.