Reactivating cancelled quests on Switch

sydneymaybe

Greenhorn
In my beloved main save that I started when I was a naive Stardew Valley player, I didn’t realize that when you cancel some quests, it prevents you from accessing certain cutscenes and important game milestones. While some quests are “uncancellable” there are some pretty important or notable quests that you can totally cancel and there’s no way of getting them back—at least not on Nintendo Switch (or any other console as far as I’m aware).

I know on PC you can edit game files and change whether or not quests have been accepted, but I don’t have the slightest clue how to do this on a console, if it’s even possible. I also know you can read back through mail that’s been sent to you from the Achievements section of the player Inventory, but as far as I’m aware, you can’t “reactivate” the quests themselves.

So the ability to retrieve lost quests relatively easily on console would be super cool and would definitely help out those noob Stardew players who might be deleting quests that are “too difficult” without realizing the consequences! :’(

Airys

Newcomer
OMG yes! this would be amazing. I didn't know about he fiber seed recipe and I am having trouble with fiber in my forest farm. But I am pretty sure I lost the Community clean-up quest.

imnvs

Local Legend
OMG yes! this would be amazing. I didn't know about he fiber seed recipe and I am having trouble with fiber in my forest farm. But I am pretty sure I lost the Community clean-up quest.
The community clean-up quest can be done unlimited times until you succeed. It'll come up again. The special orders board quests aren't the same thing as the quests that the OP is talking about... or at least I hope not.

To the OP, though, as for the rest of the quests that can be canceled and never come up again? None of those have a reward you can not get on your own. You're missing nothing except cut-scenes... and you can get those in another play-through.

Airys

Newcomer
The community clean-up quest can be done unlimited times until you succeed. It'll come up again. The special orders board quests aren't the same thing as the quests that the OP is talking about... or at least I hope not.

To the OP, though, as for the rest of the quests that can be canceled and never come up again? None of those have a reward you can not get on your own. You're missing nothing except cut-scenes... and you can get those in another play-through.
Thanks a lot. I didnt see this for a while. I completed the challenge,

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes that would be so great, I accidentally deleted the monster quest so I don’t get any rewards for killing the monsters in the caves ://
No, you can still get monster slayer rewards from Gil. There is no quest that you can delete which has a reward other than cash.

mahziyar-azz

Greenhorn

who is OP ?

mahziyar-azz

Greenhorn

If what you say is true, can you tell me how I can get the "Deluxe Red Double Bed" ? Because I accidentally canceled the (robin's project special order)

"Robin's Project"
Special Order

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
OP means the original poster, so the person who asked the first question in the thread.

the hardwood quest will come up again, just keep checking the board every Monday.