Random stuff, say whatever trash is on your mind

benjellyman

Planter
So what you're saying is that we can say whatever we want to say as long as it doesn't upset you? Hmmm...
Exactly. Absolutely whatever. As long as it isn't disturbing

Example: so today, I really wanna take ma bike and squish some spiders, while acting like the green goblin

Last edited:
I am currently bouncing back and forth between Elder Scrolls Online and Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. Both are super fun but I am currently in a grinding phase with the two of them, yet I don't find that boring. I have noticed I am not spending hours on either as a result so maybe that's why.

On a different note, I tend to leave spiders alone as they are helpful most of the time. However, I do dispose of them when they get in my way. For example, I left one alone in my bathroom and he helped me regulate any critters that would sneak in when it would rain. Our "partnership" came to an end however, when he decided to hang out on one of my towels when I was using it. I do my best to encourage them to go elsewhere, but sometimes it ends in forcibly removing them.

On a different note, I tend to leave spiders alone as they are helpful most of the time. However, I do dispose of them when they get in my way. For example, I left one alone in my bathroom and he helped me regulate any critters that would sneak in when it would rain. Our "partnership" came to an end however, when he decided to hang out on one of my towels when I was using it. I do my best to encourage them to go elsewhere, but sometimes it ends in forcibly removing them.
I wish I could be chill about arachnid and gently release them outside as I could with other insects, however after being bit by a black widow as a child, having my arm puff up huge and have to go to hospital... I just cant remain chill about them. Heavy books are a significant downgrade from flame throwers and napalm lol. 😊

LRangerR

Local Legend
I wish I could be chill about arachnid and gently release them outside as I could with other insects, however after being bit by a black widow as a child, having my arm puff up huge and have to go to hospital... I just cant remain chill about them. Heavy books is a downgrade from flame throwers and napalm lol. 😊
Yeah that's pretty gnarly, sorry that you had to go through that, but I am glad you survived. They say widows are most dangerous to children. I mean, I understand why people are so aggressive towards spiders, but I think some of that might just be social conditioning. Read an article once that noticed a certain phenomenon in where descendants from European countries were more likely to have arachnophobia than other cultures. I personally think spiders are beautiful (and occassionally cute), but they DO need to be given a healthy amount of respect and space. I mean, they almost never go out of their way to be mean to you (unless you live in Australia, then anything goes, because Australia). In fact, the only time a spider ever charged me, it was a Wolf Spider. Mean little suckers.

This is why i find the OP's wanton destruction of life offensive.

P.S.- I used to use torches to flush out black widows when i was young. Our outdoors area was infested with them, but it also means I grew up with them. And with the introduction of Brown Widows into much of North America, I'm more likely to relocate a Black Widow to somewhere safe these days. Brown Widows, as an invasive species, have offset the Black widows at an alarming rate, and it hasn't been by predation, they just pick the best spots to live faster than the Black Widows do, or something like that. Idk, I'll have to go look it up again. But there is a chance that animals (probably mostly birds would be my guess) that feed on Black Widows may not recognize Brown Widows the same way, and as such they may lose a portion of their food source. I wouldn't know, I'm not a biologist or conservationist, but as a citizen, I do my part and don't go out of my way to assist in the decline of the Black Widow's species, even though they technically are the more dangerous spider.

P.P.S.- Btw, ProTip: One of the Widow spider's natural predators is, of all the random things, Daddy Long Legs. Literally the least dangerous spider known to mankind. So if you are THAT concerned about Widows and such, and can tolerate these kinda cute little critters, then encourage the growth of (or at least don't kill off) Daddy Long Legs spiders. Part of this is because they both inhabit the same niche in the ecosystem as what is known as "cobweb spiders", and will often take over each other's nesting webs.

LRangerR

Local Legend
All spider's legs come off of their head, lol.

Btw, I just did a little research. I know that there are many different types of "daddy long legs" out there, mainly because it's a nickname given to all sorts of things, including crane flies (skeeter eaters), but apparently the daddy long legs i'm referring to, named the "marbled cellar spider" is actually a true spider. I think you're referring to one of the various species of harvestmen that exist.

De-debunked ftw.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm ate a whole family sized bag of Doritos for dinner while I was studying for my math final last month. No regrets, either.
I did that once on vacation many years ago. No, not the math studying part, WTH is wrong with you?!? Took another 20 years before I could even try a Dorito again. And then I wondered why I waited so long...

BTW food should not be furry. But I make an exception for Doritos.

Lew Zealand

Helper
@Lew Zealand you eat moldy doritos?
No way, man. Well OK, not often. Doritos, like Cheez Puffs and Cheetos, are pre-furred foods. No not preferred, get that Banana outta your ear*! Pre-furred, with fuzzy bits on the outside which end up all over your hands. One should not have to eat furry foods maybe unless they're Peaches, and even then I give them the evil eye before noshing.

* You:

That mac n cheese on pizza was epic.

No way, man. Well OK, not often. Doritos, like Cheez Puffs and Cheetos, are pre-furred foods. No not preferred, get that Banana outta your ear*! Pre-furred, with fuzzy bits on the outside which end up all over your hands. One should not have to eat furry foods maybe unless they're Peaches, and even then I give them the evil eye before noshing.

* You:
I see. What you call "pre-furred" I call "cheese dust." I am certain there's some bizarre scientific name for it, but I've always stuck with cheese dust.

Swartzki

Tiller
#FREEBRITNEY I am still not over hearing her testimony the other day! It breaks my heart. Some back story I have always been a HUGE Britney fan and her and her music have helped me through some dark times, so this just shatters me to hear how miserable she is.....