Ran into an error while translating a mod

deskup

Newcomer
Hi, I decided to translate an originally korean mod from naver (with permission) to english, but I can't seem to make it work ingame

In the first test I made, the smapi log showed an error where I had used "" in a sentence and that made it not work, but when I fixed it and tried again, even though the smapi log didn't show any erros, the translation wouldn't appear. Instead there was an error on every dialogue from the mode where it only showed a "no translation:Dialogue.Linus.2" (only an example, showed the same error for every respective dialogue).

I tried some alternatives that I thought could work, but didn't, so I'll leave them here if someone would suggest it:
- Tried changing my translated file name into "en.json" and leaving the default untouched, but the only thing that changed was that now the "no translation" message was simply the blank textbox with commas where they were in the original korean text
- Tried changing the original "default.json" into "kr.json" and making my file into the new "default.json", since I read on the wiki that the default file should be the english one. But it just showed the same "no translation" error

The original mod already has a chinese translation there and when I change my game to chinese it works just fine, so I really don't know what I could do to make mine appear as well, would appreciate if anyone could help :)