Beach Farm Rabbit Farm

MogBeoulve

Farmer
This is fall, year five. I am five golden walnuts away from perfection - never thought I would get this close. Thanks to Lew Zealand for teaching me how to transfer screenshots to my phone to post them!

The cows ate all the grass in the sprinkler field, so that's why it's empty. Come spring, there will be grass basically everywhere it can possibly grow. I have not had to buy hay yet!

I had to capture Marnie's comment about our eggs during Gus's omelet event because it was just so disturbing. Rabbits are placental mammals and don't lay eggs!

Attachments

Last edited:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It is spring and all the bunnies can come out to play!

I don't have sheds (I refuse to sacrifice the grass for kegs) so I stuffed kegs and jars into my houses instead. This has the added benefit of keeping the number of processing machines low enough that I don't neglect them TOO much.

Attachments

Godkin

Planter
Rabbit farm? Where cold temperatures are more appreciated than scorching heat. They live life in a green area that seems to be a natural part of them. Regardless of what you may do, remember that this is just a game. However, I cannot hide my admiration for the farm you have cultivated. ( ◑‿◑)ɔ┏🍟-

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Rabbit farm? Where cold temperatures are more appreciated than scorching heat. They live life in a green area that seems to be a natural part of them. Regardless of what you may do, remember that this is just a game. However, I cannot hide my admiration for the farm you have cultivated. ( ◑‿◑)ɔ┏🍟-
Thank you! I think the area that the beach farm is located must not be too hot, since temperatures are more mild along the coast. I do need to grow some shade trees, though.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Coops!

Beach farm is awesome for animals though, it’s becoming one of if not my favourite farm tbh, I’m tired of the basic crop gameplay loop and I appreciate all the natural curves and terrain it offers

That's adorable. The rabbits must look so cute and funny piling out of their coops in the morning in droves! I like the shade tree idea (irl the leaves of cherry trees are toxic to most livestock and pets). And I had no idea you could put rugs down in coops! Or plushes! I just have some straw flooring and the autograbber (plus heater, of course) in my coop and those pluse some amaranth in planters in my goat barn.

I'm going to have make them a little cozy space now!

Also, do you mind if I ask a question about having Krobus as a roommate? I'm thinking about that for my current farmer (Jughead) but have a concern.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
That's adorable. The rabbits must look so cute and funny piling out of their coops in the morning in droves! I like the shade tree idea (irl the leaves of cherry trees are toxic to most livestock and pets). And I had no idea you could put rugs down in coops! Or plushes! I just have some straw flooring and the autograbber (plus heater, of course) in my coop and those plus some amaranth in planters in my goat barn.

I'm going to have make them a little cozy space now!

Also, do you mind if I ask a question about having Krobus as a roommate? I'm thinking about that for my current farmer (Jughead) but have a concern.
Yes! Rabbits everywhere! It is super cute. I would add the smaller rabbit plushies from the arcade game if I could win them (I really do not have the hand-eye coordination for that).

Oh, that's good to know about cherry leaves. These trees are mango just because I had a lot of excess seedlings of that type.

Ask away! I think Krobus is best roommate but everyone is different.

Yes! Rabbits everywhere! It is super cute. I would add the smaller rabbit plushies from the arcade game if I could win them (I really do not have the hand-eye coordination for that).

Oh, that's good to know about cherry leaves. These trees are mango just because I had a lot of excess seedlings of that type.

Ask away! I think Krobus is best roommate but everyone is different.
You're using the shadow to guide the claw in the machine, right? It makes it a lot easier!

I know it's silly, but a line of Krobus' dialogue has me concerned about asking him to live on the farm. He mentions early on that he can't be above ground for long and that's why he's in the sewers; the conditions are perfect for him down there. It seems weird for the farmer to ask him to move in with that information. When you ask him to be your roommate, does this get addressed? Does he mention anything being unique or special about your farm that allows him to live comfortably there? Or do you just have to pretend a slime incubator is a humidifier and otherwise ignore that detail?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
You're using the shadow to guide the claw in the machine, right? It makes it a lot easier!

I know it's silly, but a line of Krobus' dialogue has me concerned about asking him to live on the farm. He mentions early on that he can't be above ground for long and that's why he's in the sewers; the conditions are perfect for him down there. It seems weird for the farmer to ask him to move in with that information. When you ask him to be your roommate, does this get addressed? Does he mention anything being unique or special about your farm that allows him to live comfortably there? Or do you just have to pretend a slime incubator is a humidifier and otherwise ignore that detail?
Krobus will only go outside onto the porch on rainy days; otherwise, he stays inside. It also means he does not do farm chores (which, honestly, are ridiculous for the spouse to do - everything they can do is easily automated other than fence repair).

It would have been really cool if he set up a room for himself in the cellar, but unfortunately he uses the regular spouse room.

Krobus will only go outside onto the porch on rainy days; otherwise, he stays inside. It also means he does not do farm chores (which, honestly, are ridiculous for the spouse to do - everything they can do is easily automated other than fence repair).

It would have been really cool if he set up a room for himself in the cellar, but unfortunately he uses the regular spouse room.
Yeah, I don't marry expecting help around the farm, lol. one of my farmers on PS4 is married to Alex and I've yet to need to repair a fence since marrying him. On the other hand, he frequently gets up early to feed the animals (the coop and barn both have autofeeders) or water some crops (everything but a small row of planters beside the farmhouse is on sprinklers, and those are never watered). At least the dog bowl is frequently filled!

That's a bit dissapointing. I was hoping it would be acknowledged sonehow. It would be cool if the usual spouse room was just a stone floor with a trapdoor, and interacting with it worked like the sewer grate. So you climbed down a ladder into a new cellar room set up for him. He could make a comment the first time about how it's perfect for him down there. Then he could wander around the house for a while each day after settling in and hang out on the porch on rainy days.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Yeah, I don't marry expecting help around the farm, lol. one of my farmers on PS4 is married to Alex and I've yet to need to repair a fence since marrying him. On the other hand, he frequently gets up early to feed the animals (the coop and barn both have autofeeders) or water some crops (everything but a small row of planters beside the farmhouse is on sprinklers, and those are never watered). At least the dog bowl is frequently filled!

That's a bit disappointing. I was hoping it would be acknowledged somehow. It would be cool if the usual spouse room was just a stone floor with a trapdoor, and interacting with it worked like the sewer grate. So you climbed down a ladder into a new cellar room set up for him. He could make a comment the first time about how it's perfect for him down there. Then he could wander around the house for a while each day after settling in and hang out on the porch on rainy days.
I don't use fences, so fence repair was never an issue for me even before I got the golden clock. (Aside from the fact that I just hate repairing fences, I actively encourage mass chaos from free roaming animals.)

Krobus does sometimes ask if it's too humid for your farmer, so I assume he installed some way of increasing the humidity.

I don't use fences, so fence repair was never an issue for me even before I got the golden clock. (Aside from the fact that I just hate repairing fences, I actively encourage mass chaos from free roaming animals.)

Krobus does sometimes ask if it's too humid for your farmer, so I assume he installed some way of increasing the humidity.
I usually have one big feced off area that I let go wild. That way I don't get any notices about weeds or debris damaging my farm. It's one of the reasons I like the hill-top farm so much. The terrain does most of the work for you in that regard. ^_^

Oh, that's good! I was hoping for something like that to at least suggest Krobus was made more comfortable. Thanks a bunch! :krobus::heart: