Quirks and Habits

Proto-Nerd

Tiller
In every playthrough I've done even if I'm making a character that's more like a cranky jerk than a down to earth farmer; I always decorate from Marnie's Ranch over to that tree that Jas jumps rope under with lamps and a walkway.

While it's not too far from her house in the actually game map it is still a forest and having grown up in a heavily forested area in Alabama I know it's not safe to wander too far off commonly used areas. Having that little extra decoration and pathing puts my mind at ease. It would always give me anxiety seeing her over there when everything is grown up (I frequently chop down that area to keep it clean)

RickArcher

Newcomer
I like to talk to everyone at least once a day to help bring my friendship points up with them, and gifting them love/like gifts because you benefit from getting recipes/gifts, and unlocking events. I also go visit Gus' Stardrop Saloon to see what kind of new dishes he creates since they change from day to day, he also has a knack for making love dishes for the people in town before their birthdays. I do prefer upgrading my axe to steel so I can gain access to the secret woods for Hardwood so I can get a Stable from Robin.

Anthonygood

Farmhand
Here is some funny things I do.

I have my slots as - axe hoe watering can sickle pick axe and sword. If I mess up the order I get confused and I like scrolling between my pick axe and sword in the mines.

I have had this strange habit to put a flute block and a drum block on the loading pathway where my character loads into the farm screen. It reminds me of an alarm system for walking in the farm.

I always keep torches and wooden lamps outside my farm and in my house. I do not like shadows or darkness and I hate thunderstorms and monsters. The light keeps the house nice.

I always marry leah. She seems positive and understanding and she also is a good friend. The other people have a few weaknesses that I don't like but I been Thinking of going after elliot.

Whenever i get mayonaise or cheese from chicken cows i like to save it for 7 days and then pair it with my wine to get big money on the chart. I never sell mayonaise everyday but store it for 7 days before seeing it. I like seeing big numbers. Same with pig truffles.

I always try to pick nice dialogue options and gift everyone stuff. I considering friendships a part of the game and try to get everyone to 8 hearts. Glad they took out spouse jealousy with gifts.

I start farms and max their hearts money and systems out, and then start new farms. It's a repeat cycle of hars work and fun completing the journey. I have 900 hours on my steam.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading.

I always organize my tools in a specific way, something like: Sword | Axe | Hoe | Pickaxe | Scythe | Fishing Rod
If it's any other way I always get mixed up when I switch between tools.
I'm like that.

Weapon - Pickaxe - Axe - Hoe - Scythe - Watering Can - Fishing Rod then bombs in my last spot so I can jump back and forth from Weapon/Bomb/Pickaxe

Edit:

I also restart my farm every couple of ingame years so I can do it all over again. I reset my Steam achievements each time so I can re-earn them as wells. (I tend to do this with all my games. Will reset my achievements if I opt to play the game again.)

Sounny

Rancher
I feel a bit silly about this but sometimes on my casual save (where I'm not running around crazy trying to accomplish goals) I will imagine real dialogue between my self and other characters, especially when I bring them gifts. I always feel bad when a character asks a question but obviously in game I can't answer. Whenever go to Seb's room to give him sashimi I apologize for disrupting his work because I know he gets annoyed about his friends not taking his job seriously :sheep:
You're adorable!

Chaya7

Planter
I always fill my dog’s water bowl before watering my crops. My husband always pets the cat before his character sleeps.
Yes, I have an order in which I do things like this. I say hello to the children first, because they're too young to understand why they wouldn't come first. Then I say hello to my wife and give her a gift. Then I put water in the cat's bowl. Every. Danged. Morning. I knew I was doing this but I didn't actually realize it until just now. :laugh:

Brighton Wyss

Sodbuster
I'm married to Abigail and even though I'm at Max hearts with her I still give her gifts. I don't know maybe it's because I have to many amethyst but still. I also don't really like farming that much. I don't know why but I honestly prefer anything else. (besides fishing)

Koin

Greenhorn
Probably how i answer back to the npc when thier dialouge shows up😂
and probably forgetting that i already fix the minecart

Avendesura

Greenhorn
I did get the note about how my horse is independent and can find its way home, but I always bring it back to my farm anyway. And I always pet all of my animals, even if they're gonna eat outside that day (which I believe balances out not petting them).
I do the same with my horse! I have to bring them back into their stable every night, it just feels weird not to.

Avendesura

Greenhorn
I'm always too lazy to make fences and so I HAVE to close the cops and barn every night because I want my animals to be in one place when I pet them :cry:
I'm kind of the same although I have a fence so I let my animals out every morning BUT I have to close the doors every night because its easier to pet them/gather milk/wool/eggs when they're still in the barn and separated. Otherwise I lose track of who I've already pet/milked when they're all wandering around my pasture (before I get the auto-grabber of course)

Cptldsilver

Planter
I always pet the camel before going into the skull cavern for luck.

Also, killing large mobs of monsters with the burglars ring equipped is probably the most satisfying experience for me. Feels so good to round up 10 mummies and bomb them all then get a bunch of cloth.