Quick suggestion for Penny married dialogue:

vasas24

Greenhorn
Howdy there,

I just woke up on winter the 2nd and began my morning routine by greeting my wife, Penny. She expressed concern in our monetary situation by saying, "How will we stay afloat this winter? Oh, you don't have to tell me... I trust you to make the right decisions." We have 2.6 million gold stored up for the winter.

I'm not sure if a similar dialogue occurs for other married NPCs, but a quick conditional to check if the player is ridiculously rich would be sweet. Maybe something like, "I'm so glad we saved up this past year... we should be able to make it through the winter." or "It's great we have nothing to worry about this winter, the farm did so well this year!"

Maybe post similar ideas and thank you for reading!

Worblehat

Planter
Maru has a line that's somewhat similar, about how the farmer plans on maintaining our income during the winter. Although "maintaining income" is different enough from "stay afloat" that it didn't seem outrageously odd.

The simpler solution would be to rewrite Penny's line. This isn't a game where the player staying afloat financially is even in question, so she could switch to something like Maru's phrasing, or the more general "What do you plan on doing this winter?" type of phrasing that several other potential spouses use.

This thread seems better suited to the suggestions forum; maybe a moderator can move it?

vasas24

Greenhorn
Awesome! Thank you for the quick response and move to the appropriate forum by a moderator. Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum, I am getting used to the layout.