1.6 Update Questions About This...

Kaelcat

Greenhorn
20240326140546_1.jpg

Started a new farm for the 1.6 update, just unlocked the quarry and went into the cavern to grab the golden scythe and this dropped from one of the floating skull enemies.
The wiki has info on regular mannequins but not cursed ones. Can I cleanse it somehow to turn it into a regular one? Or should I just get rid of it?
I REALLY don't want creepy mannequins walking around my farm, the mannequin bug from Skyrim has already traumatized me enough lol.

Lew Zealand

Helper
View attachment 20400

Started a new farm for the 1.6 update, just unlocked the quarry and went into the cavern to grab the golden scythe and this dropped from one of the floating skull enemies.
The wiki has info on regular mannequins but not cursed ones. Can I cleanse it somehow to turn it into a regular one? Or should I just get rid of it?
I REALLY don't want creepy mannequins walking around my farm, the mannequin bug from Skyrim has already traumatized me enough lol.
Oh I want this BAD!

I've killed lotsa Flying Skulls from the Quarry Cavern and not gotten one of those yet but now I NEED to know what they do. Of course I already have many mannequins as they're the 100% reason that CA even considered making the 1.6 update since you can tap the mannequin and pop a new outfit on in a snap! I can change like 3x a day super easy!

But a cursed mannequin? Will it change my outfit when I don't want to? Will it keep my eveningwear and never let me wear it again because it looks better in it?? Will it remove the eyepatch from my frilly Delux Pirate Hat?!??

I NEED TO KNOW!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh I want this BAD!

I've killed lotsa Flying Skulls from the Quarry Cavern and not gotten one of those yet but now I NEED to know what they do. Of course I already have many mannequins as they're the 100% reason that CA even considered making the 1.6 update since you can tap the mannequin and pop a new outfit on in a snap! I can change like 3x a day super easy!

But a cursed mannequin? Will it change my outfit when I don't want to? Will it keep my eveningwear and never let me wear it again because it looks better in it?? Will it remove the eyepatch from my frilly Delux Pirate Hat?!??

I NEED TO KNOW!
Priorities I say, PRIORITIES!

Kaelcat

Greenhorn
Oh I want this BAD!

I NEED TO KNOW!

Ok so, I placed it down in my house and left it there for a few days while I did stuff in game. After a week in game it has:

- Occasionally shakes when I enter the house
- Moved itself during the night and was right next to my bed when I woke up
- Completely disappeared from my house one night and showed up in my barn

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ok so, I placed it down in my house and left it there for a few days while I did stuff in game. After a week in game it has:

Like a lazy version of Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, I love it!
_____

Convo btw 2 Cursed mannequins:

She's asleep again.
*sigh*
What if I don't wanna move?
She didn't shower before bed again, I'm hangin' over here with the fridge!
I heard whoops and partying from the shed last night, I'm done with this boring farmhouse.
I think she killed those other mannequins, they've never moved even a finger.
Oh now I'm scared, we're stuck in here with a nutjob!
It's OK she snores so loud there's no chance of a jumpscare.
What if I wanna sleep?
Hold her nose and see if she'll go on her side.
I ain't touchin' that, me n' Fridgey are playin' Rock-Scissors-Ice Tray.
Fine, I'll do—

Farmer Bobbi groans and wakes up with a frozen Mannequin peering above her, fingers outstretched. Blink. Don't move. Eyeballs look side to side. Roll over slowly and close one eye.

It's just a baaad dream. There's nothing better than free mannequins, right? What a fool to buy those other ones at like 20,000g when you can just find some of your own? In a dark cave. Totally normal.

6am: Farmer Bobbi is still staring at the mirror on the wall reflecting the creepily reaching mannequin above her. Her corneas have now dried solid with the side effect of improved vision correction. She announces to nobody in particular, "I'm just gonna keep these bedclothes on. And gooooooo Fishing at the river. At my usual prompt time of 6am. Like always." She grabs her pack and moves with very non-morning motivation, hoping there's something warm in there as it's gonna be chilly Fishing round this time.

Door slamming loudly behind, Bobbi mutters, "might be just the day to take Leah up on her blanket offer." I wonder if her house is big enough for two…

Lew Zealand

Helper
Sooo the evil thing moved a few times, first a single tile south and then another tile south. Aww little cursed mannequin's first steps, quick someone get the camera and baby book! But today is when the funtime starts:

cursed3.PNG

"Me and the giant green apple are just here watching the Fish, exchanging contact info. Nothing for you to worry about, I'm totally not near the bed at all. My arms are really way too short to strangle you in your sleep from here. I'm just windowshopping for Hats on those Urchins there, you wouldn't mind if I put on the Skeleton goalie mask, right?"

A frozen Farmer Bobbi remains frozen.

"See? Nahhh, I didn't think so!"

I even read on reddit that the cursed one might change your wallpapers or furniture, let alone change clothes with you while you're sleeping. I got one in year 1 in the quarry mines, too. It did move once one or two tiles south, that's all it did so far. When I dressed it and clicked once more, our clothes were changed, but I could change them back with the next click.
Because I don't want it messing up my house at its current stage, I put it in a chest for the time being. My problem was that I couldn't move it, even with the pickaxe. But with a little run-up the pickaxe got it.
Yeah, they're creepy and funny at the same time. 😸

PrimalPete

Farmhand

Stardew valley is officially a horror game now.

ArtifactSpot

How do you NOT get this thing. I am a huge chicken cause of my anxiety disorder and PTSD, this would freak me the freak out and cause nightmares. I know I’m a wuss, im sick I really can’t help it or I would.

ETA: This is exactly why I’m not buying haunted chocolatier. It’s supposed to be darker and if this is just a small example of CA’s dark side, I’ll pass. Some people like to be scared. The world is scary enough as it is. That’s one of the reasons I like SDV. At least 1.5. 1.6 is getting out there.

Lew Zealand

Helper
How do you NOT get this thing. I am a huge chicken cause of my anxiety disorder and PTSD, this would freak me the freak out and cause nightmares. I know I’m a wuss, im sick I really can’t help it or I would.

ETA: This is exactly why I’m not buying haunted chocolatier. It’s supposed to be darker and if this is just a small example of CA’s dark side, I’ll pass. Some people like to be scared. The world is scary enough as it is. That’s one of the reasons I like SDV. At least 1.5. 1.6 is getting out there.
You only get it from drops from Haunted Skulls which I I really don't like fighting, and I had to grind to get one so you will likely be able to avoid it quite easily. And if you get one and don't want it, just Trash it.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Sooo the evil thing moved a few times, first a single tile south and then another tile south. Aww little cursed mannequin's first steps, quick someone get the camera and baby book! But today is when the funtime starts:

View attachment 21275
"Me and the giant green apple are just here watching the Fish, exchanging contact info. Nothing for you to worry about, I'm totally not near the bed at all. My arms are really way too short to strangle you in your sleep from here. I'm just windowshopping for Hats on those Urchins there, you wouldn't mind if I put on the Skeleton goalie mask, right?"

A frozen Farmer Bobbi remains frozen.

"See? Nahhh, I didn't think so!"
I am amused to see the octopus chomping down on one of it's irl natural foods, sea urchins. Good to see you stock the eel and octopus with some good snackies.

Screenshot from 2024-04-06 16-34-11.png

I just got one the other night. I dressed it up today and while I was adjusting the skeleton above it, it turned to face the farmer. Not even an hour in-game and it's already doing its thing.
It was fast, too. I'm interested to see what it does next.