question about my character which was created in local co-op

ronjanea

Greenhorn
Hello! First of all, I am sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I just recently started playing and I just joined this site. Please please help me out with this problem because I really wanna play this game more!

So my bf and I have been playing stardrew valley on his xbox these past few days and we have made some progress. He is the host of our farm and my character was created when we played local co-op (split screen). I have taken an interest in the game and my character has some achievements that he doesn't have yet, I played it alone on his xbox a lot yesterday. I didn't know if it were possible to play *only* with the second character, so I just played split screen with my character active and with his character only in his cabin. He has an older xbox and we were thinking if it were possible for me to take it to my house and play solely with my character. The only question is: can I play with a "secondary" character on it's own on our shared save?

I am sorry if this is kind of a stupid question and if there is no answer I can just play using his character. I'd just prefer using mine because I've customised it and already made some progress :( also I know I could just use the same method I used earlier but he only has one spare controller and it isn't that neat having only half a screen to use when you are playing alone.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think you cannot play with your secondary Farmer as only one person is the host of the Farm and that seems to be your bf. I was playing co-op with someone else with me as the secondary Farmer and the other person needed to be on at all times for me to play. As they were the host, there was no way for me to access the Farm without them being logged in. This was Switch, though I believe the restrictions for Xbox are similar.

ronjanea

Greenhorn
I think you cannot play with your secondary Farmer as only one person is the host of the Farm and that seems to be your bf. I was playing co-op with someone else with me as the secondary Farmer and the other person needed to be on at all times for me to play. As they were the host, there was no way for me to access the Farm without them being logged in. This was Switch, though I believe the restrictions for Xbox are similar.
thank you for your response! I hope more people can respond too

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
i think you would be able to have a second farfm in your name. then you can play with your bf when he is there and play your farm when he is gone. ok?