Question about hammer bug/feature

ROVER423

Newcomer
I see a lot of people online saying that with hammers you can use the special area of effect attack combined with regular attack to do an insane amount of damage at once. Left/right clicking? I play on console and i play with a hammer but have never done this before and was wondering if it is possible on console and how it is achievable if so. I am currently going to get my infinity weapon and want to know which to pick so knowing the hammer feature would help :)

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello ROVER423! Welcome to the Forums!

This feature is on console as well. To use it, trigger the special move with the "check" button (A on Xbox & Switch, X on PS), and then spam the "use tool" button (X on Xbox, Y on Switch, Square on PS) to multiply the damage.

It is trickier with a controller though, because you have to move your thumb; with a mouse you can immediately start pressing the next button. Plus, the inputs of the C key on a keyboard (also bound to "use tool") stack with the mouse clicking. This is what creates the "insane damage".

However, with a little bit of practice, it is definitely achievable to pull it off consistently, you just have to be really quick with your thumb movements, in order to get the damage in before the monsters go flying.

Therefore, even on console, IMO clubs are the weapon of choice. To utilise their maximum potential, you have two choices:
  • Choose Acrobat as your combat profession (decreased special move cooldown) and put the Artful enchantment (also decreased cooldown) on your club. This way, the special move is nearly always ready when you need it.
  • Choose one of either Acrobat or Artful, and then forge 2 Jades Emeralds (+ weapon speed) on your club. This way, in case the special move isn't ready, you still have a trusty weapon.
So, I would recommend giving yourself a handful of mining sessions to get the hang of using the special move, and if it's working out, then go for the Infinity Gavel. If not, then it's a good thing that the Infinity Blade is also a really good weapon!

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hello ROVER423! Welcome to the Forums!

This feature is on console as well. To use it, trigger the special move with the "check" button (A on Xbox & Switch, X on PS), and then spam the "use tool" button (X on Xbox, Y on Switch, Square on PS) to multiply the damage.

It is trickier with a controller though, because you have to move your thumb; with a mouse you can immediately start pressing the next button. Plus, the inputs of the C key on a keyboard (also bound to "use tool") stack with the mouse clicking. This is what creates the "insane damage".

However, with a little bit of practice, it is definitely achievable to pull it off consistently, you just have to be really quick with your thumb movements, in order to get the damage in before the monsters go flying.

Therefore, even on console, IMO clubs are the weapon of choice. To utilise their maximum potential, you have two choices:
  • Choose Acrobat as your combat profession (decreased special move cooldown) and put the Artful enchantment (also decreased cooldown) on your club. This way, the special move is nearly always ready when you need it.
  • Choose one of either Acrobat or Artful, and then forge 2 Jades (+ weapon speed) on your club. This way, in case the special move isn't ready, you still have a trusty weapon.
So, I would recommend giving yourself a handful of mining sessions to get the hang of using the special move, and if it's working out, then go for the Infinity Gavel. If not, then it's a good thing that the Infinity Blade is also a really good weapon!

Hope this helps! :)
Emerald is speed, jade is crit power I believe