Quality of Life Suggestion to in-game

HazelOwers

Greenhorn
I suffer from generalized anxiety spectrum disorder and struggle with time management. I've unfortunately been unable to continue to play Stardew Valley as I find it ultimately becomes too stressful.
Trying to get the things I want to do done, before the day time cycle ends in-game, can be really fatiguing. I'd appreciate a quality of life update that allows me to make the day-time cycle last a lot longer so that I don't feel like I have to rush things. I'd like to just be able to enjoy myself rather than feel restricted and pressured by the time mechanics in the game. I do really love this game but because of this I've had to put it to one side. It's also very stress inducing for me when I feel like I have to get back to the player house at a certain time or risk losing in-game currency. Thank you for your time.

It would change the game a lot if you didn't have to fight with time anymore. Probably literally everyone has problems with time management, because that's what the game is about!
😉

I mean I once saw a MOD for sleeping in a tent that you can set up anywhere. maybe someone still knows what the MOD was called....?
🤔

Lew Zealand

Helper
With the options for Remixed Bundles already changing the core loop of gameplay somewhat, it would be a nice addition if you could slow down the day's progression to be 50% or 100% longer, especially for console players without access to Mods.

OK and a real game-changing/breaking(?) option would be just to play through the night like many games allow, adding those 2am-6am hours and then autosaving and doing all the overnight bookkeeping in the game tick after 5:50am (Crops grow, Lewis grabbing Shipping Bin, Crop Fairy, Meteor, etc).

The downside is you get no Energy refill at all by sleeping because you didn't, though with enough Food you could continue replenishing it. And that could be balanced out by losing your maximum Energy by enough each day where you'd really need to sleep after 4 days or so. You'd need a real catch-up sleep like being in bed by 10pm to mitigate most/all of the Energy reduction debuffs.

Njin

Planter
I don't see much wrong with having a slightly extended day as an option. But for as much as I have played through the early game loop of stardew, I find it to be very balanced. I think there must be a little bit of a struggle if you are attempting a min-max style playthrough. And that is the struggle you play against to level up & Upgrade your tools. and Eventually you conquer that struggle. Eventually you don't have to water crops, eventually you have an axe that chops trees in 2 seconds and you have fast travel options, for instance you have a return scepter that will teleport you right to your doorstep. Sure these things take a while to get to but they do make for a different game. By year 2 you can find your way into some speed boost options that will make you feel you get a lot more done. by the time you have those late game items, passing out is a minor inconvenience.. Early game there are a lot of strategy's to start getting the supplies and money you are after & It all comes in due time. May I ask what projects you are trying to accomplish or what aspects of the game you most struggle with (Mining/fishing/farming?)?? I can understand the struggle I feel anxiety everyday trying to get things done in RL and then feeling like a basket case on the days I done nothing. I've felt it on some games to so you are not alone in that. That being said, in stardew valley you have infinite time in game to do what you want to do. sure it is segmented into days, But there is no limit to the days you get to play. there is nothing that you have to do on any givin day unless it is something that you want to do. you make your own pace. If you don't want it to be a race then don't race yourself.. Take your time and I think you find you can have an enjoyable experience with it. Take a step back when you need to & certainly don't let it cause you anxiety. If you need any tips just ask, a lot of people on the forum here know the game inside out and are happy to help. I think that's all I got hang in & best of luck:)