Issue Problem speaking to travelling cart with HD Portraits installed

Meep123

Newcomer
Hi i was wondering if anyone can help me solve this problem. So with HD portraits installed when I speak to the traveling cart, i get a jitter and the menu or dialogue doesn't appear as normal. I did a fresh install and sourced it to be this mod that's the issue. It seems to have some conflict with Stardew Expanded, but only with the traveling cart.

Attachments

Thanks for the log. I put it into the parser: https://smapi.io/log/175fffa975874ed7a49645ee290b43b3

As you mentioned; seems to be a conflict between SDV Expanded & HD Portraits.
Code:
01:10:37    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher loaded asset 'Portraits/Suki' (for the 'Stardew Valley Expanded' content pack).
01:10:37    TRACE    HD Portraits   
01:10:37    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.getTextureNameForCharacter(String character_name) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 685
   at HDPortraits.Patches.ShopPatch.Init(ShopMenu __instance) in C:\Users\Wren\source\repos\HDPortraits\HDPortraits\Patches\ShopPatch.cs:line 27
   at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.setUpShopOwner_PatchedBy<FlashShifter.SVECode__spacechase0.JsonAssets__tlitookilakin.HDPortraits>(ShopMenu this, String who)
   at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu..ctor_PatchedBy<spacechase0.BiggerBackpack>(ShopMenu this, List`1 itemsForSale, Int32 currency, String who, Func`4 on_purchase, Func`2 on_sell, String context)
   at StardewValley.Locations.Forest.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who)
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass859_0.<tryToCheckAt>b__0()
   at StardewValley.Game1.tryToCheckAt_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK>(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
   at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass913_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0()
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1056

It appears that SDV Expanded overrides the cart owner into a new NPC causing issues for the HD Portrait patcher: https://stardew-valley-expanded.fandom.com/wiki/Suki
You'd probably have to disable any HD portraits attempting to be applied to the traveling cart owner; or remove the mod as a whole.