Pretty far in Skull Caverns ig (level 1100+)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I wanted to go far in the SC and had 2000 starcases on me because I forgot to exchange them the previous week.
I beat my record of 19 shards in one run by 4 so the new record to beat is 23.
I used 7+ luck and a good luck day to get to about layer 1000 with pause buffering.
I'm pretty good at pause buffering, I don't have too much reference but a few record holders/contenders I watched for most shards or most iridium could get 30-35 levels per in game tick (10 minutes) and I can pretty easily match that and go a little further (35-40 levels), but only when not going for treasure rooms and on a day where my hands and mind irl feel good.
On this run, I only managed to get about 22 levels per tick which is under half of my best, but I am sick and I was also trying for treasure rooms so I only got to level 1000 by 2:00 in the afternoon, the actual amount of floors I passed was pretty average but obviously the average was brought down by collecting all the treasure junk from the chests.
I was lucky with treasure rooms too, I opened about 65-70 chests and passed about another 40 :p which is a bit awkward to explain but you pass quite a few floors fast is pause buffering well.
I will show some screenshots of loot and timefame, I had to trash a lot of loot from treasure floors because of inventory management but got a lot of doubles too which was both good and bad by the time I had passed out on floor 1112.
I also got 3 autopetters and trashed them immediately to flex slightly but mostly to make the people who spend forever getting even one and more time complainging on the forums cringe even harder. You won't make me regret this.
Here are the screenies:
Screenshot (929).png
Screenshot (934).png
Screenshot (938).png
Screenshot (935).png

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah! I see, my good brother, that your priorities are well and truly in order. The selection of what to keep and what to trash was to the ultimate of lofty goals, one so mid and late-game that most gloss over the mid-game bit and then whinge about said glossing during the sorry drudge of their empty late-game experience. Wondering whatever could be forcibly extracted from their empty lives in exchange for the missing experiences of those sorrowfully lost and ultimately wasted years.

But not you.

You understand what is... important.

This Skull Cavern run was for—

FASHION!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ah! I see, my good brother, that your priorities are well and truly in order. The selection of what to keep and what to trash was to the ultimate of lofty goals, one so mid and late-game that most gloss over the mid-game bit and then whinge about said glossing during the sorry drudge of their empty late-game experience. Wondering whatever could be forcibly extracted from their empty lives in exchange for the missing experiences of those sorrowfully lost and ultimately wasted years.

But not you.

You understand what is... important.

This Skull Cavern run was for—

FASHION!
Yeah, the hats were worth more than any autopetter or slime eggs :p
Though I do have a lot of them (hats).
11 of the blue ones
14 of the red ones
12 of the white
and 9 of the black
Good day.

MissDandy

Farmer
I usually give up after the 100th floor of boredom, so kudos!

Also I want to ask how you acquired so many staircases. I never do binges in the scull cavern on a regular basis so I rarely ever use them. Did you trade Jade for them, build them yourself with rocks you took from the earth with your bare hands?? Spend 19,800,000g on rocks at Robins? (That last one may be a touch unrealistic.)

I am genuinely curious though.

I think the lesson to be learned is that it should be universally accepted that you have eight hats in your inventory at all times, no less. You never know what circumstance you may find yourself which requires a nice hat.

Best to always be prepared.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly, I would be the guy to spend nigh on 20 mil for staircases but no, I have a bit over 400 jade staircases so usually get about 900-1400 a week depending on laziness and harvest times.
Good luck and good day.

imnvs

Local Legend
Also I want to ask how you acquired so many staircases. I never do binges in the scull cavern on a regular basis so I rarely ever use them. Did you trade Jade for them, build them yourself with rocks you took from the earth with your bare hands?? Spend 19,800,000g on rocks at Robins? (That last one may be a touch unrealistic.)

I am genuinely curious though.
All you need is 1 Big Shed that is full of Crystalariums. I include lights in mine so I receive 133 jade every 1.7 days. Save that up over a week and I'm looking at a minimum of 399 staircases a week. Only occasionally do super deep dives and you'll eventually run out of space for your jade/staircases like this.

MissDandy

Farmer
All you need is 1 Big Shed that is full of Crystalariums. I include lights in mine so I receive 133 jade every 1.7 days. Save that up over a week and I'm looking at a minimum of 399 staircases a week. Only occasionally do super deep dives and you'll eventually run out of space for your jade/staircases like this.
So it's something that's only realistic for players who want to have vested interest into deep dives, and thus they want to focus on mass production of Crystalariums. It seems like a whole objective in itself. Cool to see that's how you guys do it, I hadn't thought of using a shed for something like that. Maybe in a future file:wchicken:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
So it's something that's only realistic for players who want to have vested interest into deep dives, and thus they want to focus on mass production of Crystalariums. It seems like a whole objective in itself. Cool to see that's how you guys do it, I hadn't thought of using a shed for something like that. Maybe in a future file:wchicken:
Not really, a shed of crystalariums id only really 137 and that's pretty achievable in the early midgame.

imnvs

Local Legend
Not really, a shed of crystalariums id only really 137 and that's pretty achievable in the early midgame.
Yeah, I had 2 sheds of crystalariums doing jade a long while back. After saving up about 10000 staircases I switched them both over to diamonds... and then recently added a third crystalaium shed with jade again. This isn't a late game strat, but a mid-game strat extended into late game.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, I had 2 sheds of crystalariums doing jade a long while back. After saving up about 10000 staircases I switched them both over to diamonds... and then recently added a third crystalaium shed with jade again. This isn't a late game strat, but a mid-game strat extended into late game.
Yeah, 2+ sheds is going mid-late game for most players but just one is pretty easily achievable.

MissDandy

Farmer
Yeah, I had 2 sheds of crystalariums doing jade a long while back
Well what I mean is that even though it's not that much, I would still rather fill my two or three sheds with kegs rather than focus on the Crystalariums in mid-game. I'm sure that it's not that difficult at all, but at the same time it's not a part of the game I'm interested enough in (on my current file anyway) to go through the effort of doing it. So for a player like me who doesn't do the deep dives, it might be a waste of time. Nevertheless, I think it's nice that it's not super hard to fill a shed with either crystalariums or kegs mid game, gives the player a nice choice.

Or, maybe you go for both full time.

Greengrass

Farmhand
People play differently, tbh, for me this is a break from the grind.
If you want to see a bit more of a grind, check out a post of mine on valley showcase about making a billion g and my farm that will do so.
So this is like... a leisure activity? Wow, I admire your dedication.

hexnessie

Farmer
OK, I know you want to hear this, so here it is:

I HATE YOU for your autopetter trashing, you flexer!

Impressive floor reach tho. I can't PB to save my life, it's just not happening, the window of opportunity is too small for me to react :petrified:

Elenna101

Farmer
The real win is the decision to use 8 inventory spaces for hats. :D

No but actually, congrats on getting so deep! Maybe I should actually try a big staircase run sometime, I'm not super interested in using lots of stairs on a regular basis but it might help get me into the habit of pause buffering. I know how to do it, I just keep forgetting.

NullObjects

Tiller
Wow, over a thousand floors. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or a bit afraid. Maybe both.

I recall from the wiki, it said that after floor 50 (?) more and more rocks will become iridum nodes. Due to that line, I imagined a floor where every rock is an iridum node. Perhaps one day someone will experience it.