Solved Preserve jars & kegs breaks inside sheds when they get upgraded to big sheds.

theSHHAS

Newcomer
Today is a sad day.
When upgrading my shed that was completely full of preserve jars and kegs, they all broke after the upgrade was done.
After the shed upgrade was done all the items inside the jars and kegs were still being processed but as the processing times got to zero and the items should have been finished they just flash for a second and then dissapear into nothing.
I lost a ton of stuff from the jars and a whole harvest of starfruit wine from the kegs.
They start working again if I break them down and put them up again but everything is still lost which sucks.

This happened on PC on version 1.5.4

Last edited by a moderator:

theSHHAS

Newcomer
Do you play vanilla or modded?
Lightly modded with some info mods and automate.
I thought that automate could maybe have had something to do with it but the bug persisted after disconnecting chests from the jars and kegs and it never happened in either my coop or barn where I had simmilar automated setups with with autograbbers, chests, mayonaise machines and cheese presses while upgrading both buildings twice.

imnvs

Local Legend
That doesn't mean the mod was not at fault. In an un-modded game, for example, I have never seen this behavior, and I have upgraded sheds with working kegs/jars in them many times.

Have you tried replicating this in a savefile that has not used these mods?

theSHHAS

Newcomer
That doesn't mean the mod was not at fault. In an un-modded game, for example, I have never seen this behavior, and I have upgraded sheds with working kegs/jars in them many times.

Have you tried replicating this in a savefile that has not used these mods?
I still haven't saved past that day in the game so I guess I could load the game without mods to see if I get the items from the kegs and jars that are still processing still dissappear or not.

I only have one other save and it has the same mods so if I want to to try to recreate it in a completely new save without mods it would take countless of hours and tons of money to get to that point where I could do it again and I just don't have the time for that.

I'm gonna try to load the save without mods and see if anything changes right away or if it stays the same later today.

imnvs

Local Legend
if I want to to try to recreate it in a completely new save without mods it would take countless of hours and tons of money to get to that point where I could do it again
I get that. I do. Sadly, though, it may be the only way to confirm that the mod is at fault. Hopefully this works for you after disabling the mod.

theSHHAS

Newcomer
I get that. I do. Sadly, though, it may be the only way to confirm that the mod is at fault. Hopefully this works for you after disabling the mod.
I think it was just a one off bug because I just loaded in the game, still with the mods on and the jars and kegs were working again!
I guess a restart was all it took to fix it.

mouse

Farmer
Glad you got it sorted! Remember when you're using mods to include a SMAPI log -- even if it feels like something might be vanilla, when you've basically edited your game to customize it with various 3rd party hacks*, it's safest to investigate said hacks first before assuming it's something the devs need to investigate and fix :D

* modding is good and wonderful and safe and I only phrase it that way to make checking mods first seem the obvious route haha