[POSS. SPOILER] Kelp Shirt from Tree???

Hey everyone. I was chopping trees like normal, then I suddenly got a Kelp Shirt from one of them. I'm a PC player on 1.6, but I could see this existing in 1.5 and I just never got it. Like the Living Hat, y'know? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone with code knowledge could take a quick look and see if this is new to 1.6. Or, if anyone can confirm this happened to them pre-1.6. I'd like to add it to the special properties/notes on the wiki for the Kelp Shirt, but I'd probably need to add a history citation, and I have no idea when it's from. Thanks!

Bunny Macomb

Greenhorn
I did some digging in the web to find more about this and It looks to appear as only coming from the tailoring machine in emily's house when combined with a cloth and seaweed combined, so seeing this made me a bit confused how it fell from a tree in your world so diving deeper into this I noticed a recent reddit post from someone with a similar issue that you are having. this is what their post read: I was just chopping down a maple tree in my new Stardew save and an iridium breastplate popped into my inventory? Has anyone else had crazy increased clothing drops everywhere since the update? Because they found an iridium breastplate, I've come to a conclusion that the reason for this is that theres a REALLY small chance that ANY piece of clothing can randomly drop from a tree. So don't be worried, instead you should celebrate these rare odds.

I hoped this helped.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Many different Clothing items are dropped in v1.6 during all the typical activities you do in the game, I believe I have about 10 new Shirts from Monster loot and Artifact Spots and Farming and... the list goes on.

Much of the information about SDV on the web and in the Wiki is still v1.5 with maybe a smattering of v1.6 things added, and loads of v1.6 things I've seen in-game are not referenced yet. But if you find any unexpected Clothing item in your inventory, you can safely assume it's a random drop that was added in v1.6.

IMO things not being the Wiki or common knowledge are good. Have fun exploring like it's a new game with new unknowns for you to discover. It's a little like playing it or the first time again!