Please Help

TheXug

Cowpoke
I just got dialogue from Clint, "Damn it, I'm too old to do anything exciting anymore. All I have to look forward to is years and years of sweaty, hot furnace-work.". So the word is used in the game anyways.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be interested in finding the dialogue where Seb says "damn", since I couldn't find it (and I looked in the dialogue files, however I looked in the English versions). I know Alex says "damn", he says something along the lines of "Damn, I could go for a burger". I get this derails the topic a bit, but I was interested in seeing what the line was! I don't remember anything from having to go to the doctor either, but I remember his dialogue if you walk into the exam room with him there ("you could've walked in on me naked!")

That being said, yeah, there are definitely PG rated movies with cursing, and even PG movies with nudity in it-- it's just that PG was a lot more lenient back when ratings first came out, you'll see a big difference in 80s/90s PG rated content versus 2000/2010s PG rated content.

At a base level I agree in keeping foul language away from children as a whole, however I also think the context in which the language is used is VERY important. "Damn" used as an accent in a sentence is MUCH different from someone damning someone else to hell (i would argue the latter is worse). One of them is just a way of speaking, the other one is a very deliberate action, and I would feel uncomfortable with situations like that if they were presented in the game. However, they are not used that way, and the game maintains its wholesome atmosphere despite some of the topics it addresses