luciyass

Newcomer
Hi everyone I just made this account a minute ago because I need help with my stardew saves and I can´t find much on the internet, neither I am very good with these things so I would really apreciatte if i got any help.
So today I was playing normally and after saving I close the game completely to install the visible fish mod in the new version, when I run stardew again (in moddrop) my new save had dissapeared, I went back to the menu and again to the save games and it was there but when I tried to open it the game started again with the concernd ape logo. The text I got from moddrop was this:

[game] Exception occurred trying to access file 'C:\Users\lucia\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\GranjadeLu_370735737\SaveGameInfo'
InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (4, 16275).
---> InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (4, 16275).
---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'Data\Furniture'.
---> InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String]' to type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 176
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 152
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentReader.cs:line 61
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 324
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.RawLoad[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 333
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<LoadExact>b__0() in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 127
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.LoadExact[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache)
at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 471
at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 585
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StardewValley.DataLoader.Load[TAsset](LocalizedContentManager content, String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\DataLoader.cs:line 589
at StardewValley.ItemTypeDefinitions.FurnitureDataDefinition.GetAllIds() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemTypeDefinitions\FurnitureDataDefinition.cs:line 41
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.RebuildCache() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 449
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetMetadata(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 253
at StardewValley.ItemRegistry.GetDataOrErrorItem(String itemId) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ItemRegistry.cs:line 341
at StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon.ReloadData() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Tools\MeleeWeapon.cs:line 120
at Netcode.NetField`2.Add(T value) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\NetFields\NetField.cs:line 364
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderItem.Read99_MeleeWeapon(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderItem.Read108_Item(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderItem.Read109_Item()
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at StardewValley.Inventories.Inventory.ReadXml(XmlReader reader) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Inventories\Inventory.cs:line 367
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read244_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read245_Farmer()
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.FindSaveGames(String filter) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 655

I got into my documents and deleted all the mods (i belive) and tried a smapi log but I´ve been unssucesful :(.
Hoping to hear anything if someone can help!!

luciyass

Newcomer
sorry for the lenght, most of it was just code but i´ll keep that in mind if I post again. I´m not sure about the nature of the problem either tbf, I think I have a corrupted XML file but I don´t know anything about coding and can´t figure out what´s wrong with my game.
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, though <3

luciyass

Newcomer
hii, at the end I assumed the problem was with my smapi files so I uninstaled the game, deleted all the files and re-install the smapi manually. It was a bit dificult but with the instructions that they give you a a video I could get arround. Now I deleted moddrop also and been installing my mods manually because it wouldn´t help me with my smapi problem. Also, I didn´t lose my saved games but I did a backup of everyfarm just in case, if I remember right all you need to do is copy the archives file with: framname_numbers (inside it there must be two separate files, one with the same name and one with _lastday aded at the end). Hope this helps and I didn´t explain something clear enough tell me and I´ll try to fix it, english is not my first language so this might be a bit wonky.