Player birthday

There’s a lot of disagreement because most of us want to pick our birthday… but it would be even more difficult to add to the game. Also, a lot of us want to be able to have a list of loved and liked gifts… more complexity.

I’m pretty sure that if they roll out a birthday, so many of us will be disappointed and complain.

Why not, it will be logical
I second this.
But this already is suggested, like: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/we-should-be-able-to-pick-our-birthday.8506/

There’s a lot of disagreement because most of us want to pick our birthday… but it would be even more difficult to add to the game. Also, a lot of us want to be able to have a list of loved and liked gifts… more complexity.

I’m pretty sure that if they roll out a birthday, so many of us will be disappointed and complain.
I am not sure if picking just a day in a season instead of picking it with month is so much to complain about. The main thing is probably all the logic behind this game addition. Also it would be similar to the Feast of the Winter Star...

I am not sure if picking just a day in a season instead of picking it with month is so much to complain about. The main thing is probably all the logic behind this game addition. Also it would be similar to the Feast of the Winter Star...
Oh I’m not complaining. I would love a birthday even if it was not customisable at all. I was just saying that the creators would likely put themselves in a catch 22 by adding a birthday in a way that will stir up complaints from their fans.

I love the Winter Star gift. I saw some awesome suggestions about choosing a list of liked/loved gifts which will be even more in demand once a birthday is added.

I’m just imagining all the problems I would see if I had to do the work and deal with the comments afterwards.

Kurachi84

Planter
I think it would be weird to not choose, as day 1 doesn't need the day for the farmer to have his/her birthday, and picking a birthday makes the existing roleplay aspect even bigger, so it'd only be logical to choose.
I use the mod (when playing again), and have all characters a different birthday, especially the 2 based on myself and my father.
The only thing i'll avoid is using an event day, as that makes me unable to talk to some NPC's.
There's been a mod for a long time now, so i think it'll be easier to think how to make it, if it comes to the original game.
My father's birthday was on May 24th, but due to the Flower Dance event's date, i set it to 23rd of Spring for the character based on him. Close enough.
I just don't see why we'd have it chosen randomly(unless using a randomizer) in a game that's based on the roleplay aspect more than anything else.