Planted forage items cannot be walked through?

Quirinea

Farmer
Maybe I've just not noticed this before, as I usually have sprinklers for them, but I'm playing now with "random start day" and it gave me Fall 19 as start (so I just got a few fall crops and I haven't got them yet...) and tried to go across my little path (luckily it was just eight plants in a ring, waiting for the first sprinkler). I first thought my -puter keyboard was acting odd.

Lew Zealand

Helper
All Forage items act the same on the map and they block your way, it's a downside of continuing to Farm in the Winter if you go for Winter Forage that first year, especially if you don't have the Greenhouse yet. You're now blocked from parts of your Farm and have to walk all the way around your Forage patch just because you couldn't bear to see your sunk cost Sprinklers just sitting there wasting water every morning.

So. Really. This is CA's clever in-game way of telling you to dig up those Sprinklers and let Winter just be the eye-searingly useless month it's always been and try for that hi score in Journey of the Prairie King. OK ok, give Gifts, go Mining, finish the Community Center, whatever... But no Junimo Kart! This game is not a self-immolation sim.

Quirinea

Farmer
Prairie King and Junimo Kart are things I avoid at any cost! (I suck at both...) I play Prairie only in that Abigail event, tried cart once and... nope.
I usually have a small patch with forageables in winter, and use the wild seeds for tea plants...

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I can at least imagine the right player (not me) managing to pass multiple levels at Prairie King. Some of the generated levels of Junimo Kart I swear are simply impossible. I am extra inept at it, true, but I look at some combos and just can't see how anyone passes.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I play on mobile so it may be different, but I can walk through my wild seed crops until they are ready to harvest.
Yeah. I don't think there are issues with them as seeds or plantlets

I'm trying to think why you wouldn't pick them right away; all I can think is full backpack or a higher priority task they're blocking you from. But there are a lot of creative players here, I'm sure they have reasons.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yeah. I don't think there are issues with them as seeds or plantlets

I'm trying to think why you wouldn't pick them right away; all I can think is full backpack or a higher priority task they're blocking you from. But there are a lot of creative players here, I'm sure they have reasons.
If you don't have Botanist, that's 3 different Star qualities of 3-4 different Forageables, so 9 to 12 inventory slots quickly occupied. Pick your poison: blockage of free movement resulting in time-wasting useless extra walking or full pockets with enforced rummaging around your Chest maze for wherever you store this junk?

Answer: Neither. Don't plant Forage, instead keep those Wild Seeds and in their place plant Fiber Seeds which don't even need water. And you can walk through! Chop down and replant a buncha Trees or just convert Cindersap into a meadow, and combine those 3 things into the early game OP g strategy:

Tea Saplings.