pirate television channel and others ideas

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Hi.

As far as I'm concerned > 350 hours of play.
English is not my native language (I am French speaking)

Message d'origine : https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/eventcomments/4343229540500811287/?ctp=11#c4343229540501266840

pirate television channel

There is the item "Magnifying Glass" from the quest "A Winter Mystery
There's the fact that "Sam wants to start a band with Sebastian as soon as they have enough songs together."
There's the "Seven Hearts II" event of Shane filming a Joja Cola commercial

Let's pair that with the pitch for the 1992 comedy film "Wayne's World" where Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar host a show they broadcast from the basement of their parents' hous

For example, Krobus could broadcast a program once a week on a secret channel where he would alternately broadcast either one of the 25 current secret notes of the game, or a program in replay of an event sequence (musical rehearsal of Sam and Sebastian, Leah's sculptures, Elliott's writing of the novel, Pierre's seeds, etc.). Or even integrate a streaming / VOD system

The future of the secret channel could even be intertwined in a commercial issue with Joja Cola (depending on the community center or the Joja warehouse). After the secret channel became an official channel of the community center or Joja Channel, Shane could work there as a director. There would be a whole bunch of possibilities.

the farm worker part time job

Could we hire someone (Shane or Pam or Kent) to sub-process our delivery services... or could there be a delivery box in front of each home to make deliveries easier for us (instead of chasing the character throughout the village to deliver his item) ? our employee will receive "10%" of our earnings.

the landscaper

Could we rearrange certain areas of the land to ensure that certain unbuildable space tiles become so? For example, on certain maps, there are red squares that cannot be built but are placed on a cleared tile. For example, being able to rearrange our salmon berry bushes. In order to optimize our arrangements by ourselves, through service with an NPC.
Leah's ex-boyfriend ?

Lewis tax collector

Thought. Mayor Lewis sometimes gives us grants. But couldn't the player contribute to paying local taxes to the village? Depending on local tax collection, some parties might take place, and others might not. The player could indirectly choose to finance certain parties that interest them, and this would have a positive or negative impact on the friendship of other villagers.

Interaction dialogues

Thought. When there is a dialog window: can you make its color or shape different between the one that requires reading and the one that requires responding. This could help improve gameplay, and not respond too quickly to the first possible answer without having read the question because the player thought it was a usual dialogue.

Please consider these suggestions for a possible version 1.7
:gk_heart:
:gk_smile:

I like all of your ideas, they all would work. A new TV channel would be fun - so much possibility for it, and I can imagine Krobus would be good at running it.

the farm worker part time job

Could we hire someone (Shane or Pam or Kent) to sub-process our delivery services... or could there be a delivery box in front of each home to make deliveries easier for us (instead of chasing the character throughout the village to deliver his item) ? our employee will receive "10%" of our earnings.
Cool ideas! Like them all.

Regarding delivery box see also...
https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/a-mailbox-for-everyone.8733/
https://forums.stardewvalley.net/th...ted-quests-when-requirements-are-filled.2130/

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Thank you for your encouragement and sharing ideas.

It seems that the “delivery box” is desired.
Hopefully it will already be in version 1.6 which will be released in a few days ;)

I'm taking this opportunity to compile a few other thoughts and ideas.

Kennels for our pet
A kennel for the domestic dog or cat. Sometimes the animal lies on the ground to sleep, and it does so in a strategic location. This is why, let's imagine that the player can install a piece of furniture / decoration dedicated to their pet. In this case, the animal would very often be in its kennel on rainy days. And if the animal wanders around, make sure that when you tap it 3 times in a row, it goes into its kennel. Installing a doghouse for him could increase his friendship. Installing several niches could even unlock a specific quest dedicated to our pet. We could therefore install a niche in each room of the house. And 1 to 3-4 kennels outside near an access point to our farm area. On a farm exposed to monsters. The dog could hunt land monsters. The cat could chase flying monsters and have a chance of scaring away crows. In all other cases, the animal could bring us monster loot, or dig up treasure or a piece of clay, etc. The greater his friendship for us, the more treasures we would have.

M-GPT
If we are married to Maru. That we have 14 hearts. One day MARILDA would come back to see us from her trip to refuel because her battery is almost exhausted (example: quest for 100 “batteries” to make a mega electric battery). In exchange, she offers to duplicate her memory and knowledge in the player's computer "Farm Computer" to thank us. We would thus have access to capacities which would allow us to automate certain tasks by manufacturing another mega electric battery. We could ask it questions with keywords, etc, and have personalized tips (for unanswered questions, this could also refer to https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki)

Private Joke IRL : Ar Morris is back

Please consider these suggestions for a possible version 1.7
:gk_heart:
:gk_smile:

Last edited:

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Sorry for the double-post, but I thought it was unnecessary to create a new topic just to share this, which is not really a bug, but more of an observation followed by a suggestion.

When the farmer is married and has equipped the henhouse and/or the barn with an automatic feed dispenser, the companion can sometimes claim to have fed the animals... I'm nitpicking... ok, but you see the problem, right?

IRL. If my wife tells me that she made coffee this morning, even though I prepared it in advance and programmed the coffee maker to start at 6:00 a.m.... I'm going to think "what???"

Perhaps re-think this particular case when the companion indicates that he / she helped the player (while ultimately, she only concretely did to put water for the cat or dog since the animals were fed automatically), what do you think of that ?

Odin

Staff member
When the farmer is married and has equipped the henhouse and/or the barn with an automatic feed dispenser, the companion can sometimes claim to have fed the animals... I'm nitpicking... ok, but you see the problem, right?
I'm definitely a fan of anytime a game can be more context-aware of these kinds of things, it would be nice to see this kind of change in a future update.

Zangdar

Greenhorn
I'm definitely a fan of anytime a game can be more context-aware of these kinds of things, it would be nice to see this kind of change in a future update.
Perhaps boolean YES NO conditions could be implemented in a future v1.7 of the game, to avoid this kind of inconsistency? :sebastian:

Another case of "illogical" dialogue. In my current part. I have upgraded the farmhouse to the maximum (upgrade n°3). We are in Winter of year 3. Robin advises me to cut wood, then encourages me to improve the farm house as if she did not know that I had already used it to build a cellar (casks).

If condition "upgrade 3" is "false", let Robin tell to encourage the player to cut wood to improve the construction of his farm house, but if condition is "true" then tell Robin something else.

NPCs sometimes have this kind of inconsistency in their dialogues.

Last edited:

Maher

Sodbuster
A note on Maru: she will sometimes say she was going to water crops or feed animals, but that you have everything so well in hand with automation.

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Phone update
In my current part, I can contact the following stores by phone: Robine, Pierre, Clint, Marnie, Gus.
I can't contact the cinema, the clinic, the fishmonger, the adventurers' guild... or even Sandy.

Can I call these people or do I have to buy a phone extension ?
->This could also be a suggestion for contacting shops outside the village.

Pan
There are many places inaccessible to my sieve (cooper pan).
Should I improve the tool or is it normal that these random bonuses are never accessible ?

Tool Improvement in mailbox : Clint and its unavailability
I put my sieve in to upgrade, but I couldn't get it back due to the calico festival, during the first day I had to wait for the festival to end. Generally speaking, it might now be relevant to receive our improved tool in our mailbox every morning, rather than having to go get it or wait longer due to Clint's day off or some festival .

professional refrigerator
It's great to have big storage chests, but I feel like we don't have big fridges.
Is this a possible new feature in version 1.6 ?

Lupini
I feel like nothing special happened when we bought the 9 original Lupini painting. I expected to trigger a specific event or at least receive a letter...
I noticed that you could buy the same original paintings several times. I bought a duplicate Lupini painting without paying attention, and found out that I can't get rid of it because resale is not allowed in the gam
Is this all rather weird or are these minor bugs forgotten to be fixed in the game's developmen
If these are reproductions and not originals, it would be good to clarify this. Likewise, the resale of this item is prohibited. Please.

I would like a local news channel that reminds you of upcoming events, like the luau, fair, fishing dirby, or the bookseller coming to town.

As an alternative to the calendar, yes. That way, you can just memorize that season's birthdays and not worry about Lewis blocking the calendar during the brief time the farmer is in town for three days in a row.
I am fine with that.
More TV channels seems to be pretty popular. :-)

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Hi. Here, some examples of inaccessibility to the fishing bonus with the sieve (pan). No matter how hard I looked around for the bonus, I couldn't get it.

@Freizeitfarmer, @REtroGeekery
Maybe ConcernedApe could very well authorize the player to subscribe to paid TV channels if the player wishes.
Or every day one of the villagers could post a tweet of advice...

What do you think ?

Last edited:
Maybe ConcernedApe could very well authorize the player to subscribe to paid TV channels if the player wishes.

What do you think ?
I would like to see more TV content. A calendar channel - maybe maintained from Harvey as "radio operator"- would be nice.
In general I think it would definitely go well with some MODs if story content was also supported via TV with hints etc..

Hi. Here, some examples of inaccessibility to the fishing bonus with the sieve (pan). No matter how hard I looked around for the bonus, I couldn't get it.

What do you think ?
Do you mean in-game paid channels, like your farmer can buy a little satallite dish or something? Maybe someone could use the same space as the bookseller to offer it or new channels?

Also, I have seen the panning spots show up in many places that my farmer can't reach. I suppose it's just programmed to hve an x% chance to spawn in any 'tile' in a body of water. It would be nice if those parameters could be narrowed down a little, but I don't know how time consuming that would be to accomplish.

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Harvey

@Freizeitfarmer :
Indeed, a Harvey radio show could be cool. :harvey:

Imagine that he would host a monthly podcast where he would communicate a recipe for a healing item (only to regenerate health points)

There would be 13 recipes to collect. And the first podcast would be accessible :
- after 8 KOs of the player rescued by different NPC
- either from Harvey's 4-core event
- by default a day in the summer of year 2

In return, this could be "gold" to pay (if Joja) or a special request for ingredients to be gathered (if the community center). Harvey could also offer a geolocated medical assistance service, if the player equips himself with a GPS apple mapple watch or joja watch which would indicate the wearer's vital functions. It would be roleplay (and logical). And this type of product exists IRL. ;-)

I prefer this idea be an official and legitimate addition and not a mod.

@REtroGeekery :
I really like your satellite dish suggestion, ConcernedApe could perhaps take inspiration from it for future additions. Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Mailbox Case

Concrete case where a mailbox would be useful to deliver the objects of NPC requests...
Here Robine :robin: is unavailable and inaccessible. So I cannot honor his request to deliver him an eggplant on time. 🍆

Last edited:

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Road safety

I would have liked to have a pedestrian crossing or a pedestrian barrier to protect against possible dangers on the road. I know there is no risk of getting run over by a Joja Cola truck or a drunk bus driver in this simulation, but I will appreciate the care of the development team to protect lives. Better yet, you could create a quest around road safety.

Zangdar

Greenhorn
Now, in version 1.6.4, my wife indicates that she wanted to feed the animals, but that it was already done. I also noticed that she says that she gave our pet water, and that now, when we have several, on certain days, she now mentions a name at random and more systematically the first pet we had chronologically.

It seems to me that this remark from March was read by the team, and they took it into account, I am delighted. :right::left:

--

Girlfriends and marriage

I realize that I gave an engagement bouquet to all the girls (to get the secret sequence with the rabbit's foot) and that I got married to one of them, but that the status with the others girls is always “girlfriend”.

Isn't my wife jealous of all my "mistresses"? :ca:

Imagine that she discovers the “facejojabook” statuses of these girls... :pig:

Last edited: