Petshop and Pets

Lew Zealand

Helper
Can i suggest something for the game?

What if your cat had kittens?

And what if your dog had puppies?
Have....

Have you played Stardew Valley? With a Pet??

Do you know the chaos that would be unleashed on your poor farm and that cluttered Farmhouse with like 6 pets blocking your way:

at 5pm to the Dresser when you need to get back to Emily's for a Dyeing session before 8?
at noon on Summer 11 when you have a pocketful of Purple Lettuce?
at 6am to the Cellar when you just need to start the day off right?
at 8pm on Fall 27 when you're finishing your whole farm Corn Maze?
like anytime after midnight to your Bed, when you just need to replenish your E before tomorrow?

Those crafty canines and felines will line themselves up and clog every possible egress, two fluffy bodies deep, so you can't even kick them to the side. This would spawn a entirely new subreddit dedicated to optimal House and Farm layouts to compensate for these furry Minions of Mayhem and General Passive-Aggressive Delay Tactics. CA would need to add a self-satisfied chuckling sound to the game for these Farm speed bumps every time you tried to shove them to the side. I suggest Muttley's laugh from Hanna-Barbera. It contains all the derisive disdain for your lofty daily goals that your currently sadly outnumbered Pet which they had.

If you come across an olde map from days of yore, such dangerous plunges into the unknown were commonly marked with the phrase:

Here there be daschunds.

Jayamos

Farmer
I have more than once passed out on the floor because the dog would not move out of that one crucial spot next to the bed no matter how many times I tried to run through it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
More pets sounds really annoying but it would be cool if you could have puppies randomly like animals in barns sometimes do.

I can see one thing leading to another regarding the probable addition of being able to sell unwanted pets and it not being the best addition though.

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
Look,to me it doesnt sound too bad

Your dog can have puppies and your cat can have kittens

This is where it is going to fun

If you have kittens,you can put them on an advertisement so that they can be sold or adopted (applies to dogs also)

-For every puppy or kitten that is sold,you get +20 Friendship points

-For every puppy or kitten that is adopted by the townfolk or outside of town,you will get +40 Frienship points

And yes,i would love to see an additional pet shop in the town

Its just a suggestion

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Look,to me it doesnt sound too bad

Your dog can have puppies and your cat can have kittens

This is where it is going to fun

If you have kittens,you can put them on an advertisement so that they can be sold or adopted (applies to dogs also)

-For every puppy or kitten that is sold,you get +20 Friendship points

-For every puppy or kitten that is adopted by the townfolk or outside of town,you will get +40 Frienship points

And yes,i would love to see an additional pet shop in the town

Its just a suggestion
There comes the ability to farm pets and sell the animals themselves which brings a slight bit more ethical dilemma to the game.

What happens to excess animals after all the town has enough? Sold to joja?

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
The puppies and kittens can be sold to the people of the town and outsiders or adopted by the people of the town and outsiders (depending on the choice of the player)

The animals that Marcie is selling is Livestock

My post is based on a Petshop and Pets

Im trying to suggest things for the game also

I wasnt being offending to anyone

imnvs

Local Legend
If you can sell off the puppies/kittens? Okay. Otherwise, I do not want my farm cluttered with more obstacles.

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
If you can sell off the puppies/kittens? Okay. Otherwise, I do not want my farm cluttered with more obstacles.
Your dog can have a random number of puppies between 6 - 8 every season (which can be sold to the Townfolk and outsiders or adopted by the Townfolk and outsiders)

Your cat can have a random number of kittens between 6 - 8 every season
(which can be sold to the Townfolk and outsiders or adopted by the Townfolk and outsiders)

But however,it will only take place if you have upgraded your house twice

If you have any questions,feel free to ask me

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The puppies and kittens can be sold to the people of the town and outsiders or adopted by the people of the town and outsiders (depending on the choice of the player)

The animals that Marcie is selling is Livestock

My post is based on a Petshop and Pets

Im trying to suggest things for the game also

I wasnt being offending to anyone
I wasn't trying to be offending, sorry.

I was just stating that there may be unethical side benefits that may not be what CA wants for the game to include directly

I do believe your idea has merit and could be implemented with some minor tweaks though, as a matter of fact, there are very similar mods that have already been added to nexus that fulfill nearly the same thing as what you propose.

Kurachi84

Planter
1. You can walk through pets since an update pretty long ago. Just keep walking.
2. What about a pethouse outside?
Just like we need to have the crib for kids, we could need the pethouse(buyable from Marnie or such petshop) for some of these ideas, and building some stuff around the pethouse would keep them there... or they'd need to stay close automatically, and only 1 bunch(like 3 kittens/puppies?) per time, so you could keep all without getting more, or sell them and get more.
Or just be able to walk through them without touching first. So no hitbox at all.

No massive waves of pets, as that'd be too crazy for the game to handle.
You don't wanna take the whole ingame day to get out of your house, only to get in again to sleep, haha!

Wait, i think said pethouse would need to be inside, and the kittens/puppies not walk far (or having no hitbox), as they'd otherwise be out in the winter, too!

I'd love seeing the pet's hitbox go, so we can just walk without issues, and then having a few more wouldn't hurt(unless on very weak computer).

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
1. You can walk through pets since an update pretty long ago. Just keep walking.
2. What about a pethouse outside?
Just like we need to have the crib for kids, we could need the pethouse(buyable from Marnie or such petshop) for some of these ideas, and building some stuff around the pethouse would keep them there... or they'd need to stay close automatically, and only 1 bunch(like 3 kittens/puppies?) per time, so you could keep all without getting more, or sell them and get more.
Or just be able to walk through them without touching first. So no hitbox at all.

No massive waves of pets, as that'd be too crazy for the game to handle.
You don't wanna take the whole ingame day to get out of your house, only to get in again to sleep, haha!

Wait, i think said pethouse would need to be inside, and the kittens/puppies not walk far (or having no hitbox), as they'd otherwise be out in the winter, too!

I'd love seeing the pet's hitbox go, so we can just walk without issues, and then having a few more wouldn't hurt(unless on very weak computer).

A pethouse as in a Kennel?

I was saying that the dog can have 4-6 puppies every season (changed now) (you can sell the Puppies or donate them)

I was saying that the cat can have 4-6 kittens every season (changed now) (you can sell the Kittens or donate them)

And yes,your pets will be indoors when it is raining and they will be playing outside when it is sunny and snowy

And yes,when you wake up in the morning regarding the game itself,they will be outside already (depending on weather)

If you have questions,feel free to ask me

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
And you can sell the Kittens and Puppies to the Pet Shop and Outsiders in the town itself (150 Gold each) (+20 Friendship for Pet Store) (+40 Friendship for Outsiders)

Or it can be donated to the Pet Store and Outsiders (for free)(+25 Friendship for Pet Store) (+50 Friendship for Outsiders)

The outsiders will come and buy your kittens and puppies or take them for free only Saturday and Sunday (if its not raining)

And if you dont donate them or sell them,they cannot have more Kittens and Puppies

So basically you can choose to keep some of the Kittens and Puppies (by choice)

Im trying to make it as balanced as possible

Your pets will basically stay in your house in one of the rooms and then they will play outside when you wake up (stays inside when raining) (if the house has been upgraded twice)

I dont think a pethouse is necessary for them (or i could be wrong)

But can we please include this suggestion in the next update?

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
And if i could add to it also

It would be nice if you breed your rabbits and sell them/donate them

And yes,i want puppies,kittens and baby rabbits to have random colours on them

Just to make it look nice