1.6 Update Pets

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have my one Cat so far because every time I'm at Marnie's (and she's not watching the Microwave Burrito channel in the kitchen with rapt attention focused on which way it's gonna turn next), I'm reminded yet again by all the cute pet options but I cannot remember at all how to get another Pet Bowl. And despite making a mental note to figure that out, by the time the map switches to the Farm my memory is wiped by the abrupt scene change no less effectively than that light pen thing from Men In Black.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I have my one Cat so far because every time I'm at Marnie's (and she's not watching the Microwave Burrito channel in the kitchen with rapt attention focused on which way it's gonna turn next), I'm reminded yet again by all the cute pet options but I cannot remember at all how to get another Pet Bowl. And despite making a mental note to figure that out, by the time the map switches to the Farm my memory is wiped by the abrupt scene change no less effectively than that light pen thing from Men In Black.
lol! It’s at Robins. So yeah you have to catch them both🙄. I think it 20-25 hardwood and $5000. The dog houses are way more and I forgot when they showed up. I’m in year 2 on my meadows farm.

The MIB reference made me crack up. There’s a lot of people here who wouldn’t have a clue what that movie was.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I started with the Black cat. I am not very fond of dogs, i find them cute and playful, but cats are my thing. I got the Orange cat later. I won't get any dogs, but i am thinking about the expensive turtle... When this kind of money becomes a triviality for me, then i might fetch it!

We have two dogs on the co-op farm named after our IRL dogs and it's lovely! No longer do we have to choose between them to be "the" game dog! I only wish the dogs were more diverse because they're all too large to be a proper corgi like my petite precious princess in real life.

Yvi

Sodbuster
I got the black cat as my starter pet. I built a second water bowl for my next pet and then proceeded to spend all my money on other stuff. Repeatedly. So I've had an empty water bowl for a few seasons, waiting for me to visit Marnie on a day when I have cash. It's bound to happen eventually!

Draconifors

Farmhand
I forgot to pick the pet when I started my current character, so I have the default cat. I'm very much a dog person in real life, so I was disappointed when I found out I'd forgotten to pick my favourite dog option -- but, have since found I actually prefer the cat because it isn't as noisy.

There is a very bark-happy (but still very much loved, of course) dog in my real-world family, so in a way it's nice to not have the same thing in the game. :wink: