Pet Interactions

CloverPetal

Greenhorn
We all have that one pet at the start of the game, either its a Cute cat or a Daring dog, you tend to stroke it and love it but that's all, theirs not much to do with them. So I thought I would suggest some fun ideas for pet interactions!

1) Walks, now this may just seem pointless as theirs no point of it but I would think it would be fun if you could take your pet mining or fishing, just having them protect you from monsters or let them catch fish in their mouths / claws but their would be a downside where your pet would get tired and you would have to walk back to put it at the barn / farm.

^ this probably wont be included as to how many sprites and little animations they would have to make, but its still pretty cool to imagine!

2) Crow, Crow your boats, I personally think it would be a fun idea if your pet could chase away crows if their trained to do so, but its a 50 / 50 chance of the crow actually getting scared (So scarecrows still have a use) or to add a little humour they would chase the crow and fall over.

3) Improved dog/cathouse, that place where your cat / dog has a drink seems a little bare it would be fun if sometime throughout the year you get a chance to get the option 'Friendly neighbours need friendly houses' where Robin would come over and say something like this:

'Hello [Farmer] sorry to come so [early/late]'
'I was just walking by when I noticed your little friends... area was a bit empty'
'And I thought, I could give you a hand with that. I just need some wood and stone, it wont take too long! What do you think?'
[Yes/No]

- Yes
'Splendid! I'll be at my house when your ready, sorry to bother you'

-No
'Oh that's okay.. sorry to bother you!'

tomaO2

Planter
I just watched a video showing the latest Story of Seasons game. It created a leash tool. You apply it to the pet, and then it follows you around. If you take the leash off, it auto transports the pet back to the farm. Seems like a workable system.

Oh, i would not feel okay taking my little baby to the mines,
You can take the horse to the secret woods, and no slimes attack it. Taking the dog to the mines could work the same way. Just make it so the pet doesn't interact with the monsters.

EDIT: The pet can also just not enter certain locations. The pet in Story of Seasons doesn't enter buildings when you go in, it just waits for your outside.

Last edited:
I am in absolute love with my pet and if I could interact with them more than feeding bowl and a pet, its just be the best. I also agree the pet area is a tad drab and needs some spicing up. Another way to get the pet house/area could be when you finish with the trash bear and its sprucing up the valley.