Pet icon on season card in solo play

tbowne85

Tiller
Does the pet icon do anything while aging solo? Or is it just kinda pointless?

I'm also unsure if it has any real impact in co-op considering being the starting player doesn't seem to have any real importance. Maybe I'm wrong though.

ConraDargo

Tiller
It's just kinda pointless, yes 😅 Nothing happens when it shows up!

Haven't really thought about the difference that it may or may not make when playing with others... Now that you point it out tho... 🤔 Possibly maybe there's an even that only applies to the first player?

Edit: reading through the rules once again, now that I am able to play on TTS, I noticed that at the end of a player's turn he or she may trigger one "End of Turn Effect". This could be to build stairs in order to descend deeper into the mines, which then of course makes for a difference for the other players - especially if someone has the Mining Profession or Upgrades! In this case it would kinda suck to be the first player if you're that person, since you can only help your friends delve deeper but not yourself :P

Last edited:

HarmB

Cowpoke
And certain stuff, like if the rain moves a crop into being harvested, it goes to the player with the pet (the "starting player")

Valimure

Tiller
I've been playing solo a little bit differently, and just choosing a certain number of mats to play with. I've found 3 is a pretty good number to play with.

This way I have six actions each turn to make the game a little more interesting, and the pet icon matters; turn order can be very important for reasons listed above, and using end of turn effects to remove Joja Tiles and such to prepare for the turns of my other pawns.

Odin

Staff member
I've found 3 is a pretty good number to play with.

This way I have six actions each turn to make the game a little more interesting, and the pet icon matters; turn order can be very important for reasons listed above, and using end of turn effects to remove Joja Tiles and such to prepare for the turns of my other pawns.
That's an interesting way to play, I think as long as you're counting yourself as "3 players" for Grandpa's goals, the game should remain balanced!

Valimure

Tiller
That's an interesting way to play, I think as long as you're counting yourself as "3 players" for Grandpa's goals, the game should remain balanced!
Yep! All goals and bundles get multiplied by however many player mats I have in front of me. Starting to get into the flow of things - I've only lost my first two games and have won every game since.

xombieprincess

Newcomer
After playing a four player game with friends it can have an interesting impact on gameplay since everyone has a different profession and ability. You have to keep player order in mind due to how much money or what resources are available if you do certain actions before/after other players. It does make the planning phase a bit more interesting as you're all trying to be as effective as you can on your turn.