Permanent dismissal of adopt/have a baby question

Lady Laurus

Tiller
As much as I get that pain, later in the game you do gain the ability to banish your offspring by turning them into doves

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
lol I get what you're saying but that sounds horrible
Hey, you're welcome to say you disagree with an idea but you should explain why you feel that way, since the post on its own sounds dismissive. If all you have to say is that the idea sounds horrible, then it's better to not post

@ OP:
i think it'd be cool if there was a way to disable the question without outright removing it from a save file; after all, what if you change your mind or you just want to progress enough without getting the dialogue? maybe it could be something similar to the papers you see in the mayor's house

Lady Laurus

Tiller
Hey, you're welcome to say you disagree with an idea but you should explain why you feel that way, since the post on its own sounds dismissive. If all you have to say is that the idea sounds horrible, then it's better to not post

@ OP:
i think it'd be cool if there was a way to disable the question without outright removing it from a save file; after all, what if you change your mind or you just want to progress enough without getting the dialogue? maybe it could be something similar to the papers you see in the mayor's house
That sounds like a pretty neat idea.

@ OP:
its just kinda rude asking a spouse to never have a baby

BlazedSpawn

Greenhorn

@ OP:
That would be cool.

@ usernameabcdefghijklmnop:
In the game or in real life, that's a conversation that's between spouses and is no one else's business.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I agree with the idea of this, but I do think it would need to be done differently. If done via dialogue, this leaves no opportunity for the player to potentially change their mind later. I think it'd be better if there was an option to enable or disable babies in the in-game options menu. Should the player choose to disable babies, their spouse will never even ask for a baby to begin with. However, should the player change their mind, they can always go back to the options menu and re-enable babies.

BlazedSpawn

Greenhorn
@ OP:
I like the idea of an application for adoption.

I agree with the idea of this, but I do think it would need to be done differently. If done via dialogue, this leaves no opportunity for the player to potentially change their mind later. I think it'd be better if there was an option to enable or disable babies in the in-game options menu. Should the player choose to disable babies, their spouse will never even ask for a baby to begin with. However, should the player change their mind, they can always go back to the options menu and re-enable babies.
Also a cool idea.

Extra coding work, but it would be nice to have both.

I agree that being able to toggle it off would be relieving. Not everyone wants children, and for those who don't, the repetitive request gets to be a bit much. So, yes, the idea of disabling the baby talk would truly be a good option that I am certain many users would seriously appreciate!