Solved PC (Steam) Game Crashes When Trying to Load Android Save [Windows]

meangene865

Newcomer
I just moved from Android Stardew to PC Stardew. Both are version 1.5.6. I made a Test save to build the save folder structure. Then I followed all the instructions here (excluding the instructions to remove the BIN extension - I could not see any BIN extension to remove?) to copy the Android save to my PC so I could play on PC. I am able to see the Faraway Farm save in the load save menu. However, when I actually try to load it, the game crashes. I tried uninstall and reinstall on Steam. Didn't help. I have attached a .zip of everything I found in the Saves folder I got from my Android. Here is the Error Log I got from PC:

InnerException: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'Mill' was not found.
at System.Enum.TryParseByName(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan`1 value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, UInt64& result)
at System.Enum.TryParseInt32Enum(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan`1 value, Int32 minInclusive, Int32 maxInclusive, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, TypeCode type, Int32& result)
at System.Enum.TryParse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, Object& result)
at Netcode.NetEnum`1.Add(String value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetEnum.cs:line 63
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read20_Chest(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read105_Mill(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read110_Building(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read113_Farm(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read190_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1510
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6307
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4906
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.6 Hotfix #3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750
In-game Date: spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null
And here are screenshots of my PC folders under Roaming/StardewValley/

Screenshot 2023-05-20 165133.png

Screenshot 2023-05-20 165152.png
Screenshot 2023-05-20 165239.png

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pathoschild

Developer
Hi! Mill chests on mobile have a <specialChestType>Mill</specialChestType> value, which doesn't exist on other platforms. That's fixed in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.6.9.

In the meantime, you can edit your save file and delete that line to let it load on PC.