PC [PC] Sound stops mid-game and game starts stuttering

niemandasked

Greenhorn
First off, I know my notebook can run SV perfectly because I played it in the past with no problems. I got a HP pavilion dm3 with 1.2 GHz and integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics). I run Windows 7.

I just reinstalled 1.5.5 because 1.5.4 was stuttering from the title screen (if you could help me with that as well). The version runs smoothly for 5-10 minutes and then the sounds suddenly cuts off and the game stutters heavily, like 5 FPS or something. Sometimes it comes back in a couple of minutes but only to happen again shortly after.
I've already tried various methods to get the game to come back to normal but nothing works (the only fix is restarting the game). I tried changing priority, using only one core, restarting the integrated GPU and some others. Nothing.

I'm playing single player, in English without mods (though the problem is also present if I use them).

I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm so confused; I used to play this easily but now everything is hard. I gave up multiple times because I couldn't even start it at first (no graphic card found error). Only recently did I manage to fix it just to have more problems.

I can't help with you with stuttering and I am not familiar with 1.5.5.

But, I can help with the sound.

Have you upgraded the Microsoft XNA 4.0?
Could you try to upgrade it and report back to me?

XNA

I have provided for you the latest Direct X

Please report back, if it works or not.

Edit:
Also, report to Concerned Ape that you are experiencing an issue at 1.5.5 version:

Last edited:

niemandasked

Greenhorn
I can't help with you with stuttering and I am not familiar with 1.5.5.

But, I can help with the sound.

Have you upgraded the Microsoft XNA 4.0?
Could you try to upgrade it and report back to me?

XNA

I have provided for you the latest Direct X

Please report back, if it works or not.

Edit:
Also, report to Concerned Ape that you are experiencing an issue at 1.5.5 version:
I tried before and again now. The problem persists still.

I didn't know I should. Thanks.
Also, try to follow CA's suggestion just in case,

try this:

-open "device manager"
-expand the "display adapters" category
(You will probably have 2 devices listed, an integrated graphics unit (e.g. Intel UHD Graphics), and your dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA, etc.))
-right click the integrated graphics and hit "disable". Your screen might go dark for a moment, but then should come back up.
-re-enable the integrated graphics device.

Now try playing stardew again. If this doesn't work, you can try NOT re-enabling and see if that works, too.

I had this same issue when using a laptop and this worked for me. It's not a problem with Stardew specifically, it's some kind of hardware issue that I don't understand. Let me know if it helps.
if this does not work, wait until CA to fix it.
Yeah, a lot of people did complain about the stuttering for long time.
I guess it is time to get noticed from the developer to fix it for the newwest update.