Question (PC) Old Removed Mods bugging my game, help?

NightfirexD

Greenhorn
Hello! I'm new to this forum but I've been playing Stardew for a long time. I was just trying to research this bug and thought that it was dumb that I hadn't joined the help forum yet lol.

Basically what I'm dealing with:
I got a little Mod crazy when I played last year, so now I'm coming into it wanting to start over, deleting all but my oldest game files (those are not opened, just admired from a distance, lol), as well as completely deleting my mods and Smapi and then redownloading everything to get as clean of a start as possible. I use Vortex to manage my mods so I basically uninstalled Smapi via the game folder, deleted all the mods, and then asked Vortex to stop managing it. Then I went back through and redownloaded a much smaller list of mods. Now that I've started my new game, Smapi's code log told me a couple of the NPCs I had still registered somehow (despite their files being missing) and that it removed them for the sake of the game. I wish I had taken a screenshot but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. Now, I'm stuck with an introduction's quest bug, where it says I've met 28/31 villagers (when those last 3 don't exist or are somehow copies lol). It's not the end of the world if it never clears, but it's just kind of annoying.

Any help would be appreciated! I'll try to include screenshots of my game folder and my mod folder, as well as the Smapi log while having the game open.

Attachments

Last edited:

NightfirexD

Greenhorn
Looking at the mod folder as I was taking the screenshots, could it be those three .xnb files that's giving me extra npcs? I don't want to delete anything without any advice.

Kreeate

Rancher
Looking at the mod folder as I was taking the screenshots, could it be those three .xnb files that's giving me extra npcs? I don't want to delete anything without any advice.
Hi,

Can you please upload your SMAPI log to https://smapi.io/log (see instructions on that page) and share the link here?
The screenshots are a bit small and it's hard to make out any details.

In the meantime, you should delete the xnb files from your Mods folder. Most mods nowadays utilize Content Patcher or some other utility that doesn't mess with the base game files.
It might also be good to verify your game files. Just to make sure everything is as it should be in there.

Once you've done the above, we can look at any issues you may have.

NightfirexD

Greenhorn
Hi,

Can you please upload your SMAPI log to https://smapi.io/log (see instructions on that page) and share the link here?
The screenshots are a bit small and it's hard to make out any details.

In the meantime, you should delete the xnb files from your Mods folder. Most mods nowadays utilize Content Patcher or some other utility that doesn't mess with the base game files.
It might also be good to verify your game files. Just to make sure everything is as it should be in there.

Once you've done the above, we can look at any issues you may have.
I’m in the midst of thanksgiving cooking but when I hop back on my computer in the evening I’ll do this! Thank you so much