Solved Outdoor decorations replaced by unusable chests?

Porazzi

Greenhorn
Hi everybody! I've been playing SDV for a few years now but took an extended break over this past year or so, so it was left untouched. As you can imagine, I had a *lot* of updating to do when I came back. However, after doing all the proper SMAPI and mod updates, when I booted up my farm it appeared like I had random chests(?) in the place of a bunch of what I think were potted plants and various decorations/furniture. I cannot interact with nor delete them. I then tried deleting every single mod I had connected to SDV, in case it was a bug or glitch attached. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it through Steam, wiping SDV completely from my PC laptop. We're talking bare bones game. The chests are still there and are scattered throughout my farm. I haven't played SDV since before the big 1.5 update, or even smaller updates.

Version: PC, 1.5 (latest update)
Language: English
Current mods: 0, not even SMAPI
Other info: all 'chests' were once various decoration/furniture; it only occurs on my outside on my farm. All inside furniture remains unchanged. Not every single decoration is affected (note firepit and stools). Before deleting the mods the 'chests' were covered with a picture of a blue fish?? Once all mods were deleted and flushed out only the 'chests' remained. Never previously had a mod that even affected furniture (no color changing or custom furniture mods).

I also originally posted this in the Unmodded Forum, not thinking it could still be related to a mod with them all gone, and two very helpful people (@mouse and @imnvs) informed me that the glitch most probably is still because of a previous mod issue that deleting didn't fix, that it's now a corrupted save file.

So my new question is, is there a mod or way I can delete the chests outright? I don't mind mass deleting them instead of finding each individual corrupted decoration piece if that's easier.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi everybody! I've been playing SDV for a few years now but took an extended break over this past year or so, so it was left untouched. As you can imagine, I had a *lot* of updating to do when I came back. However, after doing all the proper SMAPI and mod updates, when I booted up my farm it appeared like I had random chests(?) in the place of a bunch of what I think were potted plants and various decorations/furniture. I cannot interact with nor delete them. I then tried deleting every single mod I had connected to SDV, in case it was a bug or glitch attached. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it through Steam, wiping SDV completely from my PC laptop. We're talking bare bones game. The chests are still there and are scattered throughout my farm. I haven't played SDV since before the big 1.5 update, or even smaller updates.

Version: PC, 1.5 (latest update)
Language: English
Current mods: 0, not even SMAPI
Other info: all 'chests' were once various decoration/furniture; it only occurs on my outside on my farm. All inside furniture remains unchanged. Not every single decoration is affected (note firepit and stools). Before deleting the mods the 'chests' were covered with a picture of a blue fish?? Once all mods were deleted and flushed out only the 'chests' remained. Never previously had a mod that even affected furniture (no color changing or custom furniture mods).

I also originally posted this in the Unmodded Forum, not thinking it could still be related to a mod with them all gone, and two very helpful people (@mouse and @imnvs) informed me that the glitch most probably is still because of a previous mod issue that deleting didn't fix, that it's now a corrupted save file.

So my new question is, is there a mod or way I can delete the chests outright? I don't mind mass deleting them instead of finding each individual corrupted decoration piece if that's easier.

Hi,

Could you please upload your save file?

"Find your save files and share it by uploading it directly or with an external file sharing platform like Catbox."

Kreeate

Rancher
I'd like to open the save in Stardew Valley itself as it will give me a better idea of where to check.

Anyway, I managed to get the file loaded in a save editor and managed to delete the offending nodes. Hard to tell if I got them all.

Let us know if this worked for you. If not, please see my post above and upload your full farm save folder.

PS: Rename the file to your farm farmer name.

https://files.catbox.moe/hm3v3p

Last edited:

Porazzi

Greenhorn
I'd like to open the save in Stardew Valley itself as it will give me a better idea of where to check.

Anyway, I managed to get the file loaded in a save editor and managed to delete the offending nodes. Hard to tell if I got them all.

Let us know if this worked for you. If not, please see my post above and upload your full farm save folder.

PS: Rename the file to your farm name.

https://files.catbox.moe/hm3v3p
:awe: Oh gosh, I wanna thank you so much! Unfortunately, when I tried to click on the link it keeps blocking it and saying 'hm3v3p is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it', can't seem to override it. If did end up downloading it, what do I do next, replace my saved file with it but with my farm/farmer name replaced? I'm so sorry, I'm new to this. I did attach a zip archive of my save folder though if you still need it!

Attachments

Kreeate

Rancher
:awe: Oh gosh, I wanna thank you so much! Unfortunately, when I tried to click on the link it keeps blocking it and saying 'hm3v3p is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it', can't seem to override it. If did end up downloading it, what do I do next, replace my saved file with it but with my farm/farmer name replaced? I'm so sorry, I'm new to this. I did attach a zip archive of my save folder though if you still need it!
Thanks for the complete folder.
Yes, Chrome seems to have an issue with Catbox uploads that don't have a file extension. Not a problem.

It should all be fixed now. Simply remove your old "Aloe_235699743" save folder, and then copy the attached extracted folder in its place.
Let me know if I missed anything or if you need anything else 😊

EDIT: Attachment removed due to being obsolete. See trailing posts for new upload.

Last edited:

Porazzi

Greenhorn
Thanks for the complete folder.
Yes, Chrome seems to have an issue with Catbox uploads that don't have a file extension. Not a problem.

It should all be fixed now. Simply remove your old "Aloe_235699743" save folder, and then copy the attached extracted folder in its place.
Let me know if I missed anything or if you need anything else 😊
You are genuinely so helpful, thank you so much! My last and perhaps silliest question is, ah, where in my Stardew folder do I put it? Because I uninstalled SDV and reinstalled it, although steam itself has my saved file on check, when I go to the SDV folder itself it no longer has a 'saved files' type folder (or mods but I figured redownloading SMAPI after will give me that...?). I tried just straight adding the new unzipped folder you sent and it didn't do anything different once SDV booted up. Sorry, this is probably something I'm overlooking so easily.

Attachments

Kreeate

Rancher
You are genuinely so helpful, thank you so much! My last and perhaps silliest question is, ah, where in my Stardew folder do I put it? Because I uninstalled SDV and reinstalled it, although steam itself has my saved file on check, when I go to the SDV folder itself it no longer has a 'saved files' type folder (or mods but I figured redownloading SMAPI after will give me that...?). I tried just straight adding the new unzipped folder you sent and it didn't do anything different once SDV booted up. Sorry, this is probably something I'm overlooking so easily.
Not a silly question at all.

You can find the save folder with below method:

1634971452231.png

Then paste the new folder in there.

EDIT:
There was a sneaky chest hidden behind a building porch in the save editor on the last upload.
That is now fixed as well. Let me know if you find anything else I may have missed.

1634972090758.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Porazzi

Greenhorn
Not a silly question at all.

You can find the save folder with below method:

View attachment 6903

Then paste the new folder in there.
I have to be dumber than a box of rocks, I swear I'm not normally this technology challenged, I found that folder as directed but when I pasted it into the SDV folder (as seen on the left, pasted from the right) and then when I booted up SDV it now just tells me 'no saved file found' 💀 I'm taking up so much of your time, I'm sorry again!

EDIT/UPDATE: I am dumber than a box of rocks, I accidentally moved it instead of copied it and that's why it wasn't registering the save file! Oh my goddddd, you are so incredibly patient and generous, thank you SO much!!! I truly appreciate this!

Last edited:

Kreeate

Rancher
I have to be dumber than a box of rocks, I swear I'm not normally this technology challenged, I found that folder as directed but when I pasted it into the SDV folder (as seen on the left, pasted from the right) and then when I booted up SDV it now just tells me 'no saved file found' 💀 I'm taking up so much of your time, I'm sorry again!
Lol, don't worry we'll sort it out.
The Saves folder should stay where it was.

Press Windows+R, then paste the below text and press Enter.
%appdata%\StardewValley

Now cut the Saves folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Then paste the Saves folder in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley

It should look something like this:
1634972620174.png

Then open the Saves folder. Copy the Aloe_235699743 folder into the Saves folder.

Should look something like this:
1634972805007.png

Last edited:

Porazzi

Greenhorn
Lol, don't worry we'll sort it out.
The Saves folder should stay where it was.

Press Windows+R, then paste the below text and press Enter.
%appdata%\StardewValley

No cut the Saves folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Then paste the Saves folder in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves

It should look something like this:
View attachment 6907

Then open the Saves folder. Copy the Aloe_235699743 folder into the Saves folder.

Should look something like this:
View attachment 6909
You must have sent this right when I was making my edit/update to my last post but that's 100% what I had done, I moved it instead of copied & pasted it. You're a life saver, thank you so much Kreeate!! :heart:

Kreeate

Rancher
You must have sent this right when I was making my edit/update to my last post but that's 100% what I had done, I moved it instead of copied & pasted it. You're a life saver, thank you so much Kreeate!! :heart:
You are very welcome. Please do let me know if all is fixed now so that the Mods can label the thread as Solved.
Feel free to ask any additional questions or ask for help any time.

Porazzi

Greenhorn
You are very welcome. Please do let me know if all is fixed now so that the Mods can label the thread as Solved.
Feel free to ask any additional questions or ask for help any time.
Sorry for the late response, everything is all fixed now! Running beautifully even with the mods reintroduced afterwards! :heart::thumbsup: