Other similar games to Stardew

Pain

Farmhand
We all love Stardew, this is why both me and you are here. But have you played any other games similar to Stardew?

I heard Harvest Moon is similar and the dev was inspired from that game although have never played it.

I'd personally recommend these games, kinda similar to Stardew (not entirely):

- Undertale
- To The Moon
- Finding Paradise

Let me know if you know more, don't mind trying other games. Love to support indie devs!

Last edited:

Sounny

Rancher
We all love Stardew, this is why both me and you are here. But have you played any other games similar to Stardew?

I heard Harvest Moon is similar and the dev was inspired from that game although have never played it.

I'd personally recommend these two games, kinda similar to Stardew (not entirely):

- Undertale
- To The Moon
- Finding Paradise

Let me know if you know more, don't mind trying other games. Love to support indie devs!
I've been told there is a game Kynseed that is similar. I have yet to play it.

Odin

Staff member
Surprised I get to be the first to mention it given how popular it's been, but playing Animal Crossing for the first time definitely has a lot of similarities. There isn't as much farming involved, but I did plant an orchard yesterday

Grimzy

Planter
There's one... that I particularly liked. It's Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility. I like that you could pick where you want to live : beach, mountains, or town. The bachelors and bachelorettes were a pretty good selection. The events are fun and cute and of course there is alot of farming (:

Warwick

Greenhorn
Harvest Moon is pretty good! The older games still hold up pretty well and a remake of one of the more popular games is coming out pretty soon so I'm super looking forward to it.

As for games that feel similar, I'd say Slime Rancher. It's heavier on the exploration and lighter on the farming but it's just a super chill game and I feel like just about anything who likes Stardew would be able to get into it.
And far lesser known but Staxel is a lot like Stardew with farming and cooking and quests.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Similar games I've played:

- Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (great game, female version of the game and has more stuff in it)
- Harvest Moon: DS Cute (eh, female version, didn't care for it)
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (it's fun but I got a bit burnt out)
- Rune Factory 4 (very fun and lots of content)
- Kynseed (it's still in early access, what I played from it is fun but I'm waiting for it to become more complete before I really jump in)

when talking about farming games with other folks, people have recommended World's Dawn and Fantasy Farming:Orange Season to me, but I haven't played them yet

Not the same genre but Slime Rancher and Animal Crossing have very similar audiences so those might always be enjoyable

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Although I played a lot of the older Harvest Moon titles, such as the very original and several Gameboy releases, I was REALLY heavy into Harvest Moon: Back To Nature for the original PlayStation. In my opinion it took everything from the Nintendo 64 version and polished it. Better placement of the characters, FAR better music, better map, and the time/ in game clock was much more generous. I've played a lot of Stardew, but still nothing compared to Back To Nature.

Godkin

Planter
Step into Another World: Adventure Quest Comparable to the Wonders of Stardew Valley

Harvest Moon: The Harvest Moon game series, such as Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town or Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, offers a rural life simulation experience similar to Stardew Valley. You can grow crops, raise animals, interact with villagers and even get married

NoirNeverSore

Sodbuster
I might as well mention it.
Personally out of games I've played, cattails was similar. I noticed there wasn't any farming but it did include foraging.

Also you may marry one of the guild cats, ( there are 4 guilds) which means you may have to combat a opposing party in your territory or if you're trespassing in their territory

I really liked Mini Mini Farm on mobile. It's cute and has good pacing. Although much simpler than Stardew Valley, it has some similar elements. It's free in apple and google play stores.

I've got a few games on my Steam wishlist that seem similar to Stardew Valley like Farm Together, Sun Haven, Wylde Flowers, Staxel and Story of Seasons. I'd like to try a few of these games but I can't imagine for me how they are going to beat Stardew, but you never know.