Creator Response Ore & Geodes available & Staircase / Map question

HarvestFarmer

Greenhorn
When you are mining and you get an ore or geode. Do you get to choose which type you get out of any of the available ones listed on the mine level card?

When you build staircases, if you build 2 or more at once, do you flip over multiple map cards or just 1? It seems like it doesnt matter either way but still.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Yes, when you get a geode in the Mine you can choose any type from what is listed as available on the Mine Level card.

When building staircases, if you make multiple you ideally should flip over as many map cards as levels you descend. But it would basically be the same thing if you only flip one: the main point is to randomize that grid. As long as you're consistent with how you play it and the mine is randomized, you're good!

tbowne85

Tiller
Yes, when you get a geode in the Mine you can choose any type from what is listed as available on the Mine Level card.

When building staircases, if you make multiple you ideally should flip over as many map cards as levels you descend. But it would basically be the same thing if you only flip one: the main point is to randomize that grid. As long as you're consistent with how you play it and the mine is randomized, you're good!
Speaking of the map cards, how often do you flip to a new one? I assume after you make a successful roll, but what about if you fail a roll?

W1lliam343

Newcomer
Hiya, following on from this, we have a question about the ore :)
When you collect ore from the mines, are you supposed to just make a note of the ore you collected?
Are we supposed to use a card for it?
Any help greatly appreciated, we’re having a lot of fun! :)

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Hiya, following on from this, we have a question about the ore :)
When you collect ore from the mines, are you supposed to just make a note of the ore you collected?
Are we supposed to use a card for it?
Any help greatly appreciated, we’re having a lot of fun! :)
The different ores should be on the backsides of the different Geode tiles, so they are collected like most resources in the game.