Optional "Take a Break" reminder setting

LaptopCoffee

Greenhorn
I am not good at remembering to take breaks or go to bed when I'm really into a game, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I'd like to request a setting for occasional reminders to take a break or go to bed after a save point, preventing the dreaded "oh, I can't quit until it saves or I lose my progress" turning into "Oops, I'm half through the next day, guess I gotta finish it" repeating until waay too far past bedtime.

This setting could be toggled on at the character creation screen and set for 1-4 in-game weeks (drop-down menu?), so it would pop up just after Sunday turns into Monday but before waking up. Also would put a toggle for it in the Options menu.

The note could say something like, Please take care of yourself, <player>! This would be a good time to stretch and take a break. {Continue} {Quit}

It would be off by default because I'm sure it would get annoying to hit Continue frequently if you don't need the reminder.

Xyrella

Planter
That strongly reminds me of the system that ANNO use. When you start/load a game, there's a note how long you play straight every 2 hours and it starts with "have a coffee maybe" until "I'm really angry now. Go quit the game!" :laugh:

Maybe a good point. Should be optional for those who need this. ^^

There are already software for this kind of problem. And as an extra tool it also works with other programs or games...

So no need to add this to SDV. :-)

Ereo

Helper
That program wouldn't really help though. I can also just set a timer, but if that timer goes off, and I'm halfway through the day, then I'll have forgotten it went off by the time I can save.

So a pop-up after saving would be useful. It would also help the people who accidentally leave their system running and discover they lost a year when they come back, because there was nothing in the shipping bin....

LaptopCoffee

Greenhorn
Honestly, if I am playing and need to take care of something that just can't wait. I hit the E button and walk away... double check that it's actually on a menu before you leave though....
This only works when you are not playing multiplayer though.
Yup, been doing that but I'm not going to leave it run all night when I go to bed. Just an Idea I had last night when I was at least a day and a half (in-game) past needing to go to bed. I figured I'd put it out there when I found this section of the forums. :gift:

I know that feeling 🤭! It's the times when you miss the journal where you could save at anytime! Basically a Harvest Moon thing.... there might be a mod for it here, but I don't mod. (seriously need a shrugging cat emoji)