Option to prevent mouse cursor position from affecting the direction of 'x' and 'c' inputs

Hani

Tiller
Hey, sometimes I like to play one handed with only the keyboard "controller style" and if the mouse cursor is far from the player it works fine, but if the mouse cursor is near the player it will affect how they keyboard inputs will work. For instance if I'm south of a berry bush and click on x while facing up, but my mouse cursor is right under my player it will not pick up the berry, forcing me to put my second hand back on the mouse to move the cursor. Same thing with fishing, if you're not careful about it it will cast the line in the wrong direction, and same thing with fighting, it will attack in the wrong direction when you urgently need to turn around...

I would very much love an option to disable the mouse cursor position's influence on keyboard actions. It would still work the same if we use the mouse, but when not using the mouse, it would have no more influence on what you can or can't do, giving priority to the player's orientation instead.

MrZeffy

Cowpoke
I feel the same way about the keyboard action inputs being needlessly influenced by mouse position.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I felt the need to use the mouse to select a position and action, I would use LC or RC since my hand is already on the mouse.

There's a reason I just used the keyboard input and its definitely divorced from my mouse position; granted this behavior already works when the mouse is essentially off screen or significantly away from the character sprite... but that isn't always the case, so you end up needing to move the mouse to the edge of the screen.

I agree and think the act of manually moving the mouse away in order to have sprite facing interactions with the Action/Tool keyboard keys if removed, would be a HUGE Quality of Life bonus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TL;DR: Hiding the mouse position when using a keyboard interaction input would be fabulous :)

MrZeffy

Cowpoke
Someone just posted a mod to the Nexus which simulates the suggestions from earlier; a modded solution until this (hopefully <3) gets implemented into the base game!

Hani

Tiller
Someone just posted a mod to the Nexus which simulates the suggestions from earlier; a modded solution until this (hopefully <3) gets implemented into the base game!

I tried this mod but it annoys me more than it helps, I also play with the mouse, not exclusively the keyboard, so it keeps throwing my cursor away. What I want is not to move the cursor but to prevent its position from affecting the keyboard inputs, which should be only dependent on character orientation.