Option to change your name and your pet's name after creating a save file?

josukeandhair

Greenhorn
I've had this game for more than a year, and when I first got it, I made my name and my cat's name something extremely cringey, and I'm already far from the start point and don't want to make a new file, but I'd still like to change my name :/ can this be possible?

imnvs

Local Legend
On PC it is possible, but you have to edit the save files yourself manually, and if you screw up you've corrupted your save file. On other platforms... I'm not so sure.

josukeandhair

Greenhorn
On PC it is possible, but you have to edit the save files yourself manually, and if you screw up you've corrupted your save file. On other platforms... I'm not so sure.
Yeah, I’ve heard of that being possible on PC, but I’m playing on a Nintendo Switch and I don’t want to hack the system in order to change it 😔

imnvs

Local Legend
Understood. I'm not against the option being added without having to edit files manually, an actual in-game option to change these things (I'd add horse's name too), just to be clear. I just didn't know what system you were playing on, and wanted to make sure you knew it was possible if you were playing on PC.