Online Trading

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I wish the game had some kind of online trading. Not anything game breaking, but like how they did it in certain 3DS Bokujō Monogatari games (or maybe it was just one entry, I forget) where you can join an online room to trade for something you need, but you can only trade 1 item type each visit & some stuff that's meant to be rare or difficult, i.e. the prismatic shard, certain high level weapons, the legendary fish, etc., the game would block you from trading so it's not a game breaking feature.

Edit: Not sure if this has been suggested before, I searched online trading and nothing came up.

Last edited:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Fable had a feature similar to this, but it was also because players could have their own characters "visit" another farm. Whereas in SDV the player is unable to travel to other farms without creating a new character.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Fable had a feature similar to this, but it was also because players could have their own characters "visit" another farm. Whereas in SDV the player is unable to travel to other farms without creating a new character.
I just think it'd be nice if they could do something similar to the 3DS Bokujō games so it's not majorly game breaking but still useful. One actually did have farm visiting where you can water each others crops. I forget if that one also had trading, I think it did. But yeah if CA ever adds anything else to the game, I think it'd be a nice addition to at least console versions.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I just think it'd be nice if they could do something similar to the 3DS Bokujō games so it's not majorly game breaking but still useful. One actually did have farm visiting where you can water each others crops. I forget if that one also had trading, I think it did. But yeah if CA ever adds anything else to the game, I think it'd be a nice addition to at least console versions.
It'd most likely have to be a MAJOR overhaul for the game for this to happen. Current save games don't support this kind of behavior, so Idk what would be needed to allow farm visiting.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
It'd most likely have to be a MAJOR overhaul for the game for this to happen. Current save games don't support this kind of behavior, so Idk what would be needed to allow farm visiting.
I don't see how a major overhaul is needed. You add a new, additional Stardew styled room type thing for people to walk around and then just code it to be used as an online trading room. Now I'm obviously not a game dev and that could be super complicated for all I know. But I don't think it requires any overhauling of the existing game.

I mean, it doesn't have to have the visit each other's farms feature. You brought that up. I didn't necessarily make this suggestion with the intention of wanting to visit other peoples' farms, as cool as that would be. I had more in mind a seperate room that you connect to the internet upon entering, strictly for trading. Like the DS Pokemon games for example.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't see how a major overhaul is needed. You add a new, additional Stardew styled room type thing for people to walk around and then just code it to be used as an online trading room. Now I'm obviously not a game dev and that could be super complicated for all I know. But I don't think it requires any overhauling of the existing game.

I mean, it doesn't have to have the visit each other's farms feature. You brought that up. I didn't necessarily make this suggestion with the intention of wanting to visit other peoples' farms, as cool as that would be. I had more in mind a seperate room that you connect to the internet upon entering, strictly for trading. Like the DS Pokemon games for example.
Except that those games were built with that feature in mind. For this game it would indeed be a big addition.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Except that those games were built with that feature in mind. For this game it would indeed be a big addition.
And I didn't say it wouldn't be a big addition. I did say, for all I know that could be super complicated. I simply doubt it would require overhauling the whole game like LRanger suggested.

It's just something I'd love to see added but obviously I know the game is likely done & nothing else is getting added. Which is fine. It's just a suggestion in case Concerned Ape ever does wanna add more to the game.

LRangerR

Local Legend
And I didn't say it wouldn't be a big addition. I did say, for all I know that could be super complicated. I simply doubt it would require overhauling the whole game like LRanger suggested.

It's just something I'd love to see added but obviously I know the game is likely done & nothing else is getting added. Which is fine. It's just a suggestion in case Concerned Ape ever does wanna add more to the game.
I mean, if he ever does then yeah it'd totally make a good addition. I've always thought it'd be fun to interact with other players online. I'm not sure how CA would want to implement it, but i'm sure the community would enjoy it.