Forest Farm old gamer, new game.... the journey of jade(tm)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't done the forest farm since it very first came out, so I decided to make a new game with the forest farm!! I'm going to aim 100% completion with this one and do some other things a little differently, but also play a little bit similar to what I ended up writing with my fanfic (that i totally need to finish *sobs*) so i think that will be a lot of fun!!

I also think I will be a lot more mine-heavy this round since I never do that and it would be a good change to my normal playstyle (which usually is just me wandering around, foraging, and fishing LOL)

This is not much to start, but will post fun image updates when I start having a unique farm.... humble beginnings.......
Jade_12-18-2021_79766834.png

Hill Myna

Farmer
Looking forward to seeing how this develops! It sounds like you have a plan, which I find always helps.

P.S. I love the colour of your chest. Also, LEEK!

I haven't done the forest farm since it very first came out, so I decided to make a new game with the forest farm!! I'm going to aim 100% completion with this one and do some other things a little differently, but also play a little bit similar to what I ended up writing with my fanfic (that i totally need to finish *sobs*) so i think that will be a lot of fun!!

I also think I will be a lot more mine-heavy this round since I never do that and it would be a good change to my normal playstyle (which usually is just me wandering around, foraging, and fishing LOL)

This is not much to start, but will post fun image updates when I start having a unique farm.... humble beginnings.......
View attachment 7746
I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Dragonheardt

Planter

View attachment 7746
Forest farm! I used to avoid it but after playing it, its one of my favorites because of all the hardwood! Have fun!

Boo1972

Farmer
I’m not a huge fan of paths myself. They interfere with the aesthetics on most of my farms. May I suggest the stepping stone path? I especially love it on the forest farm. It has a really natural look. Plus, you can curve it around the edges of ponds and grassy areas in a way that looks organic.

Lew Zealand

Helper
the sparks of civilization.... i never use paths but hey i will give it a shot this time
View attachment 8076

also this is what i call the "i only get furniture from the museum until i buy a catalogue" layout

View attachment 8077

these are taken Fall 1 in Year 1
Wow, Pond before Coop! Been spending some time in the Mines?

I'm in late Fall Year 1 on the same map and it's fun to see your interpretation of what to do vs. mine. It's great!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not a huge fan of paths myself. They interfere with the aesthetics on most of my farms. May I suggest the stepping stone path? I especially love it on the forest farm. It has a really natural look. Plus, you can curve it around the edges of ponds and grassy areas in a way that looks organic.
i'll give it a shot! i should vary up some paths anyhoo just to make things all organized

Wow, Pond before Coop! Been spending some time in the Mines?

I'm in late Fall Year 1 on the same map and it's fun to see your interpretation of what to do vs. mine. It's great!
Yep! My goal for early-game this time was to mine a lot more, though i'm not at the bottom yet. I think I'm floor 100. One of my crop bundles is for fish roe/ink/caviar so the pond was the first building, BUT robin is making a coop now and i'll probably make a barn right after, since i need eggs and milk for a friendship bundle

Buck

Farmhand
I assume you're planning on marrying Sebastian only because of the crystalarium top right of your farm..

The forest map looks great, I need to play on that map soon.

Odin

Staff member
the sparks of civilization.... i never use paths but hey i will give it a shot this time
I almost asked about a silo, but it's hiding up at the top! Tough to spot against the fall foliage.
also this is what i call the "i only get furniture from the museum until i buy a catalogue" layout
I do the same thing, usually with several more chests for storage though.