1.6 Update Ok I prefer the Trash Bear…

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
to the raccoons. At least Trash bear asks for seasonal items. The raccoons asked for dried morels just a few days before spring ended and then summer and now fall they are still asking for dried morels. You have to get 5 of them. No luck traveling cart. They are so hard to find even in spring in secret woods and I have to wait until next year to please these picky creatures. And my luck I will find four.

Bawby

Planter
Oh, don't get me started on those stupid things! Even without 1.6, I ran into that problem! I was making all recipes, needed the Spring morel...and it was Summertime...
Grumble grumble...
All because I wanted a bat cave......

Lew Zealand

Helper
The Raccoons have been my lowest priority in my entire current game. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the Fish Smoker, much less remember to get it until seeing the Raccoon again but after about a year and a half finally remembered&gotted it. And "finished" the quest.

No.

Now he has a wife and he wanted Dried SomeFroot. I don't even remember WhichFroot. Out of season and I don't have that Tree anyways but I have the (na-na na-na na-na na-na) Batcave! Finally got the 5 SomeFroot drops and cleaned off the Batspit but now he wants Dried Pomegranates.

That is the ONE thing I don't have.

Fine, I'll wait for my buddies the Bats. Nope, stuck at 4. The Bats and Raccoons are playing a game with me. Fine, bought and planted Pom Tree at Ginger. I will get that 5th Pom from the Cave the day before it bears fruit because that is how things thing and I guess I'll play along.

Lew Zealand

Helper
The saga will continue with each baby raccoon and I think I’m stuck on the 3rd? And why do they keep calling me Bobo?
OK this will drag on won't it? Well I hope I'll have close to everything by the time the Pom tree grows, this is the first save where I haven't grown all the Fruit Trees and boy did it bite me in the butt. Lesson learned, save spots in Greenhouse for all 8, no exceptions.

!!!!! Gahhhh!

OK okok I totally 5got, you can chop down Fruit Trees and get the sapling back now! OK off to reconfigure the Greenhouse. Remembering late is better than never.

I'm not sure if it works with the dried mushrooms, but I know that if they request a specific smoked fish you can use any smoked fish and it will count as the one they requested! Maybe try giving them some dried common mushrooms to work around that. I do wish their shop had more additions after every "bundle" you complete. The way it's currently ran, it just seems like a time-filler and an encouragement to use the new machinery if you're not going hard on dried goods or smoked fish otherwise. Thank Yoba they're cute!!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm not sure if it works with the dried mushrooms, but I know that if they request a specific smoked fish you can use any smoked fish and it will count as the one they requested! Maybe try giving them some dried common mushrooms to work around that. I do wish their shop had more additions after every "bundle" you complete. The way it's currently ran, it just seems like a time-filler and an encouragement to use the new machinery if you're not going hard on dried goods or smoked fish otherwise. Thank Yoba they're cute!!
That's a great point, they seem like a very cute game mechanic to nudge the Farmer to use the new machines. I'll try to dry some other Fruit to see how, ehh... lenient they are with their requests.

They're raccoons after all, how picky can they be?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Morel can be found in the Cindersap Forest area with Master Canoli's statue. There, you can also find Fiddlehead Ferns; before 1.6, you could get those only there, before reaching the ginger island. You sometimes find the other rare mushroom, Chanterelle.

Hey, if you need morel out of season, you can always plant a small *Oak* trees orchard and put some mushroom logs, right in the middle! To be sure you only get morels and no other mushrooms, just cut all other threes in the near vicinity!

*Pine* trees yield Chanterelle. *Mystic* trees yield purple mushrooms.

*Mapple* trees yield 90% red and 10% purple, mushrooms. *Mahogany* trees, yield common mushrooms.

You need neither cave, nor certain season, anymore. Just carefully planting wild trees and putting mushroom logs strategically, in their midst. I made a mini wild trees orchard in the railroad, complete with stone pavement to prevent seed spreading and tappers, to maximize profit and production!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Morel can be found in the Cindersap Forest area with Master Canoli's statue. There, you can also find Fiddlehead Ferns; before 1.6, you could get those only there, before reaching the ginger island. You sometimes find the other rare mushroom, Chanterelle.

Hey, if you need morel out of season, you can always plant a small *Oak* trees orchard and put some mushroom logs, right in the middle! To be sure you only get morels and no other mushrooms, just cut all other threes in the near vicinity!

*Pine* trees yield Chanterelle. *Mystic* trees yield purple mushrooms.

*Mapple* trees yield 90% red and 10% purple, mushrooms. *Mahogany* trees, yield common mushrooms.

You need neither cave, nor certain season, anymore. Just carefully planting wild trees and putting mushroom logs strategically, in their midst. I made a mini wild trees orchard in the railroad, complete with stone pavement to prevent seed spreading and tappers, to maximize profit and production!
!

I did not know the special stumps worked that way. Which explains why I get Chanterelles and occasionally Reds as they're closest to a buncha Pine trees. Time for a redesign of my miniForest!

nicodeux

Farmer
For the last quest I got with the raccoon, it wanted Dried Pomagrenates and Apple Jelly. I happened that I had Dried Melons and Applepine Jelly in my inventory and both were highlighted. I gave them to the raccoon and the quest was completed though it was not the exact items the raccoon requested. If you've experimented the same thing with smoked fish, chances are good that it would also work with dried mushrooms.

For the last quest I got with the raccoon, it wanted Dried Pomagrenates and Apple Jelly. I happened that I had Dried Melons and Applepine Jelly in my inventory and both were highlighted. I gave them to the raccoon and the quest was completed though it was not the exact items the raccoon requested. If you've experimented the same thing with smoked fish, chances are good that it would also work with dried mushrooms.
That's really good to know! It's kind of disappointing though, honestly, as it takes away the challenge of it all, but I guess you don't have to exploit it either. Either way, very useful if you don't have the goods readily available and beats the heck out of waiting several seasons for the desired product!

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
!

I did not know the special stumps worked that way. Which explains why I get Chanterelles and occasionally Reds as they're closest to a buncha Pine trees. Time for a redesign of my miniForest!
Just consult the wiki for specifics on them numbers and mechanism:

It's under the
Type
section

(make sure to press expand)

Just remember to not have other types of trees present at a 7x7 approximately area, from your mushroom logs, that are centered around the specific tree type which yields the mushroom type you need. To be perfectly honest, you can still get other types too, since the calculation is multilayered, but oak trees has a high chance to yield morels, pine trees has a high chance to yield chanterelles, mystic trees has a high chance to yield purple shrooms and mapple trees have a high chance to yield red shrooms. The more trees you have around the mushroom log(s), the better it is for your chances, especially if they also happen to have moss on them (do not harvest it). That is why you are going to place more than a couple of logs, ideally among the trees, which can also serve as a natural border (take care for trees to become fully grown, first).

Lew Zealand

Helper
I went there.
I expanded the first chart.
I felt physical pain behind my eyes.
I grabbed my coffee cup. :coffee:
hand.png

I expanded the second chart.
More pain.
There was no coffee in my coffee cup.
Poor planning.

OK I recently planted a small grove of Mystic Trees and I'll move my Stumps there once it's done growing. I'm normally OK with charts and numbers as they eventually make their own sense but this hit harder than usual.

Maybe it's because I need more Mushrooms like I need a hole in my head.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I went there.
I expanded the first chart.
I felt physical pain behind my eyes.
I grabbed my coffee cup. :coffee: View attachment 22585
I expanded the second chart.
More pain.
There was no coffee in my coffee cup.
Poor planning.

OK I recently planted a small grove of Mystic Trees and I'll move my Stumps there once it's done growing. I'm normally OK with charts and numbers as they eventually make their own sense but this hit harder than usual.

Maybe it's because I need more Mushrooms like I need a hole in my head.
I hope you weren’t having real headaches Lew☹

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Where do you buy the mushroom logs? Or is it a recipe from somewhere? I haven’t encountered these yet. What do they do? Which mushrooms do they grow?
You just need to raise one of your main 5 skills, if i remember correctly it was Foraging? This recipe is unlocked relatively early, definetely early game.

To keep it simple... 10 trees ensure each log at a 7x7 radius near them will produce 5 mushrooms. If you cut off all other wild trees near and plant specific wild tree varieties, you have a big chance of obtaining: Morel from Oak, Chanterelle from Pine, Purple from Mystic, Red from Maple.