Npcs visiting the farm

Just a small and cute idea, but having npc’s request to visit once in a while would be really fun. Especially if you have a spouse who’s related to others in the town, or just so farm grinding days can feel less lonely.
It's time for coffee and cake with Penny (or in my farmer case, chocolate milk and apple slices)

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Just a small and cute idea, but having npc’s request to visit once in a while would be really fun. Especially if you have a spouse who’s related to others in the town, or just so farm grinding days can feel less lonely.
YESSS, a spontaneous visit would be so cute! "It looks like Maru has come to visit. Stop work for a while and chat with her?"

To really put the cherry on top, add a function (once you get your phone) that allows you to invite friends over 6 hearts for a visit. In the very best case scenario, a small individual cutscene for each of them would be so cute (you could even make them something in your kitchen if your game passes certain checkpoints -- player has table, player has chair, that sort of thing) but even just a few lines of the NPCs noticing stuff on your farm would be really immersive. Ultimately, I'm just happy whenever NPCs get more dialogue period. It's my favorite part of SDV.

starbrite

Sodbuster
Yes! I love this idea so much because I'm all for immersion haha. The farm kinda feels lonely before you marry and no one comes to see you but you're running around trying to find everyone else. It's like you're the only one trying 😂. They could make comments about the farm's progress or physically drop off mail/gifts for the farmer. Or you know, even ask the farmer out to the pub/etc if they're not too busy. Then you can get a little heart bonus for hanging out with them.

I like this idea.
Maybe with an additional little challenge: one can cook for the visitor and depending on his/her feeling about it one gets a reward. Or maybe one can play a little game together (similar in size to the fishing) and when winning one gets a reward...

Last edited:

1FlyCat

Planter
Yeah, but it's usually due to the progression of their heart levels, not any coding spontaneity. You pretty much know when they're going to visit because it's scripted. Random visits would really bring that early part of the game to life.
Point taken and I agree with you, it would be nice to have random visitors stopping by now and again.

Last edited:

Alfyna

Sodbuster
Semi-related, from a world-building standpoint, I always wondered if the citizens of Pelican Town were kind of resentful of how much I monopolize their only doctor's attention after Harvey marries me. XD This thread makes me think of how crazy immersive modding could get with this idea of friends/clients/patients/family visiting the farm to see your spouse, not even just you. "Hi, [Farmer]. Is the doctor there? I have a broken arm and he hasn't been to the clinic in like two days. This sorta hurts lol."

I’m loving all these comments aaaaaa, I was recently reminded of having villagers come to my animal crossing house in older games. Just seems so cute to have them wander the house and interact with furniture.