Now is the time to get that straggler friend to try stardew

It has stardew listed as part of the free to play with a game pass sub and should have a discount to encourage them to buy it!

haywud

Farmhand
I'll probably give it a try since I have Game Pass. I doubt I'll put much time into it since I'm sure there is no mod support on consoles, and I really like playing with mods on the PC version. Then again it may be interesting to go back and try playing the vanilla game without any mods and see how I can do.

Dragonheardt

Planter
I'll probably give it a try since I have Game Pass. I doubt I'll put much time into it since I'm sure there is no mod support on consoles, and I really like playing with mods on the PC version. Then again it may be interesting to go back and try playing the vanilla game without any mods and see how I can do.
Vanilla game will always have that great feeling to it that can be diluted by mods. Don't get me wrong I love the game with mods too.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Vanilla game will always have that great feeling to it that can be diluted by mods. Don't get me wrong I love the game with mods too.
It's very rare that I find mods that actually add something of substance to the game. But then again I'm a picky eater.

I was literally going to buy Stardew for my friend for Christmas and then it came out on GamePass XD Guess I'm buying him something else lol

haywud

Farmhand
I feel it's a game that doesn't need mods to be fun. There are certain things that annoy me though, then again a lot of that just comes down to how I play lol.

By the way, your user image reminds me way too much of Abigail. Not saying that's a bad thing though since she's one of my favorite characters. I mean she has a SNES in her room, and a Chrono Trigger poster!

Dragonheardt

Planter
I feel it's a game that doesn't need mods to be fun. There are certain things that annoy me though, then again a lot of that just comes down to how I play lol.

By the way, your user image reminds me way too much of Abigail. Not saying that's a bad thing though since she's one of my favorite characters. I mean she has a SNES in her room, and a Chrono Trigger poster!
I agree. Mods do add replayability and can future proof a game, so having mods with Stardew Valley has been amazing.

It is fan art of Abigail :) but it's not mine. She's my favorite character too. After I started modding I realized that she is basically the most developed character with more dialogue lines than most other characters. Maybe shes a common favorite for that reason!

Most games should allow mods. I love the winter mod for Fallout 4. I love the metro series and this went and improved the gameplay as the texture pattern concealed issues with the native pallette. Sadly though it removes achievements for us console gamers. I wouldn't mind the expanded valley mod for stardew where it adds a vineyard and touches up the town and surroundings a vit

haywud

Farmhand
I agree. Mods do add replayability and can future proof a game, so having mods with Stardew Valley has been amazing.

It is fan art of Abigail :) but it's not mine. She's my favorite character too. After I started modding I realized that she is basically the most developed character with more dialogue lines than most other characters. Maybe shes a common favorite for that reason!
I know there are some games that without mods I probably would have given up on long ago. Not only can they expand upon existing content and add all new stuff, but they can fix problems or just alter things that you might not really like. For me the best example of all of those things are the Sims games. Mods can really change those games while adding in new stuff as well, and without mods I doubt I would have kept playing them for all these years. Plus I can actually make my own tuning mods for some of those Sims games, so I don't always have to rely on someone else to modify every little thing I may want to change.

Ah so you stole it! Nah I'm just teasing. It is nice looking, kind of makes me wish that was her in-game portrait. Admittedly one of the reasons I like her character so much is that she reminds me of myself in a way, and she just seems like my kind of person which is why I had my guy marry her in my first save. I think you're right too, she does seem to have more going for her than most characters so she does stand out for that as well.