Windows No Sound only for Stardew

Elographs

Greenhorn
Hello,

I was playing Stardew the other day and when I opened up the app the background music made an awful noise like it was glitching, so i muted the sound on the opening screen for a sec and then turned it back on and I havent had any sound for the game ever since. Sound works for everything else in Stream and on my computer.

I've deleted mods, reinstalled the game, verified the game, checked the volume mixer on my computer, etc. And I am having no luck.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it?

I've been using Spotify to play the theme music in the meantime... lol

Thanks in advance :)

Update 7/21/2023
So I tried connecting my audio to a bluetooth speaker.... now i have sound for Stardew lol.

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
I have a different problem, but who knows if they're related. I'm a Linux user! Suddenly SDV started losing sound every time I put my laptop on sleep (i.e. closing the lap), to fetch more coffee and the like... By chance I noticed that the sound came back when I tinkered back and forth with sound settings (between "analog stereo output" and "analog stereo both ways" (I have system on Finnish so I don't know if those are correct terms). Once I left the game open on a passive workspace for a long time (few hours in all, doing different other things with browser, word processor, etc. even things that require sound like Youtube) and the speaker mark had disappeared from the game icons. At that round nothing helped.
But I always have sound when I start the game. So your problem cannot be the same. Unless muting the sound has made some setting flip and now it's wrong for just SDV.

Elographs

Greenhorn
I have a different problem, but who knows if they're related. I'm a Linux user! Suddenly SDV started losing sound every time I put my laptop on sleep (i.e. closing the lap), to fetch more coffee and the like... By chance I noticed that the sound came back when I tinkered back and forth with sound settings (between "analog stereo output" and "analog stereo both ways" (I have system on Finnish so I don't know if those are correct terms). Once I left the game open on a passive workspace for a long time (few hours in all, doing different other things with browser, word processor, etc. even things that require sound like Youtube) and the speaker mark had disappeared from the game icons. At that round nothing helped.
But I always have sound when I start the game. So your problem cannot be the same. Unless muting the sound has made some setting flip and now it's wrong for just SDV.

That's strange! So I just tried connecting my laptop to a bluetooth speaker and what do you know... I have sound for Stardew now. No clue why it worked but it does! LOL thanks anyways :)