iOS No Clint cut scene upon obtaining copper ore (can't get Furnace)

smackedus

Newcomer
Good morning!
I have run into this bug where Clint's cut scene with the Furnace doesn't trigger twice, with two different characters, one right after the other. I am playing on iOS. Here's the steps I did to it:
Day 1:
Foraged. Met everyone in town (except Willy). Cleared space on the farm. Planted parsnips and mixed seeds. Made two chests. Left one at the house. Got Foraging 1.
Day 2:
Watered plants. Headed to the beach with a chest. Gave Willy a gift. Fished until 4:40.
Sold all fish to Willy. Bought fiberglass rod and bait until I had less than 5 gold.
Fished until 1:50 am.
Kept all fish in the chest and everything else I wanted to take back in my pockets.
Fished until 2:00 am. Passed out.
Got to Fishing 3 or 4 (can't remember but I think 3).
Day 3:
Headed to the beach. Fished until 9:10 am. Sold all fish to Willy. Bought trout soup and bait until I had between 75g and 80g.
Picked up chest and everything. Headed to Clint's. Bought 1 copper ore.
Headed to River. Fished until 1:50 am.
Filled my inventory with Fish to sell and whatever else would fit including the 1 copper ore.
Fished until 2:00 am. Passed out. Got Fishing 5. Picked "Fisher".
Day 4: (not raining)
Exited house at 6:00 am. No cut scene with Clint. (played all of Day 4 thinking Clint's cut scene would happen the morning of Day 5.)
Fished at the mountain all day. Went home at 10:50 pm with any fish I wanted to sell.
Put items in Shipping Box. Chopped wood. Made a chest. Went to bed.
Day 5: (not raining)
Exited house at 6:00 am. No cut scene with Clint.

I needed that furnace by Day 5, so I toggled between Day 4 and Day 5 trying to get Clint's cut scene to trigger somehow. It never did.
Figured I hit some weird bug and tried again with a new character. I followed the exact same steps as above with only two differences:
  1. I also got Mining 1 on Day 1. I figured maybe the wiki was wrong and you actually need 1 copper ore and Mining 1 to get the Furnace.
  2. Day 5 on my second try would be a rainy day. Clint won't come on rainy days so I didn't even play Day 4 or Day 5 on my second attempt.
Still no Clint cut scene on my second attempt.
If there is some other requirement needed to get the Furnace on Day 4 (or Day 5), please let me know!
Or if you are able to replicate this, I'd be interested in knowing that as well.
Thanks!

smackedus

Newcomer
Correct, I do not sell the copper ore after I purchase it.
I buy the copper ore on Day 3. Have it all day long (in a chest by the river). Then pass out with it in my person's inventory at 2 am so I can store it in my farm chest in the morning on Day 4.

StardewKat111

Farmhand
You may want to try manually finding copper ore naturally, as that may bug out the cut-scene (though this has never happened to me, as I always get the cut-scene from natural and not purchased ore.). Dig up the rocks on your farm, take as many chests from fishing as possible, and you'll collect a hefty amount rather quickly. The other issue may be that you simply do not have enough ore, as it takes 5 ore to make 1 single bar. If that doesn't help, call me up.

Ereo

Helper
I did a test run:

Bought one copper ore.
Bought four more.
Read the letter from Joja about the landslide.
Entered the mine and had the cutscene with Marlon.
Had the CC cutscene.
Went to the mine to mine copper ore. Clint appeared the next morning.

Apparently, the wiki is wrong and you do need to find the ore, not buy it.

Tested on Android.

I did a test run:

Bought one copper ore.
Bought four more.
Had the CC cutscene.

Tested on Android.
Thanks for testing! What’s interesting is that I tested exactly this on PC in prep for my farming only playthrough to see if I’d be able to craft sprinklers off of purchased ore, and it works perfectly on there. Must be adjusted or fixed in 1.5. Still, at least with the trouble identified it can be planned around.

smackedus

Newcomer
Yeah, I did some test runs as well after what you tried. Seems I cannot get it to trigger without mining ore.
Total bummer.
I really appreciate the time put in to test!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I did a test run:

Bought one copper ore.
Bought four more.
Had the CC cutscene.

Tested on Android.
Thanks @Ereo ! That was a perfect set of tests and really nailed this one down. I never even thought to buy ore first from Clint so I haven't been in that position yet.