Newbie here with a general question

Savagerider

Tiller
Hi all!

I had not played a video game since the nineties, but I got a switch for physical therapy and I am now obsessed with ‘the game’. I’m getting to some end game stuff and my question is:

I know a lot of you do multiple save files (I believe that is the correct term), but is it really fun to start from the parsnip seeds? I love my Galaxy sword and all my shiny toys. I have many ideas as to what to do different, but I feel like I might get bored with a wooden sword and the basic watering can.

What is your experience?

Draggar

Greenhorn
Different saves allows me to try different farm layouts, different friends, different everything.

Yes, the cool stuff down the road is great, but starting over and getting back there can also be a lot of fun.

Ereo

Helper
It depends on your playstyle.

I prefer the challenge of a new farm and usually do a different farm map with a different play style each time (forest farm/foraging/no buying seeds, beach farm/fish ponds, hilltop farm/flowers and bees, four corners farm/ranch with animals).

I have never reached further than year four, or made it to perfection/the golden clock etc. I get bored once everything is running smoothly ;)

I usually get the galaxy sword in year one, so the shiny toys aren't too hard to get again.

imnvs

Local Legend
I find that after starting a new save I tend to lose interest in my older ones... and in my current, newest, a Beach Farm map that I started when 1.5 came out for PC, I'm getting close to 100% perfection. My total earnings are 13.66 million.

After I started it, I basically stopped playing my 4-Corner farm with about 100 million earned, a big shed full of crystalariums, another full of statues of endless fortune, and 4 full of kegs to process all my ancient fruit and pineapples. I had every shiny you could get in the game.

Having the stuff isn't as fun as getting the stuff, if you ask me.

Johndeere756

Planter
I have started 3 new games so far and have enjoyed all of them. It does feel a little bad at first when I have so little energy and resources, but it doesn't take long for me to start getting into the new game. So far I have started with new farms and play a little different each time. I really enjoy all 3.

Savagerider

Tiller
Oh thank you all! I’m at the end of year of year eight with about 2 to 3 million gold. But I wasted a huge amount of time being clueless and occasionally blowing up my stuff on accident. I like to do a bit of everything, artisan style. It took me about 6 years in game to learn to fish, so starting fresh has an appeal. Thanks for all your time

Anhaga

Rancher
Oh thank you all! I’m at the end of year of year eight with about 2 to 3 million gold. But I wasted a huge amount of time being clueless and occasionally blowing up my stuff on accident. I like to do a bit of everything, artisan style. It took me about 6 years in game to learn to fish, so starting fresh has an appeal. Thanks for all your time
If it helps, there's really no such thing as "wasting time" in this game. It all comes back around again!

nicodeux

Farmer
And I might say that my experience is the opposite of @imnvs one: I have a few different save files, each one with its own playstyle and map combination (rancher, fisherman, miner, thematic artisan...). And though I like trying new ways to play, having more clear objectives (Community Center, dating a specific character...), facing the challenges of managing my resources again... I often feel the need to come back to my first save and enjoy it for what it is with all the things I've accomplished in it.

Quantumman29

Greenhorn
Hi all!

I had not played a video game since the nineties, but I got a switch for physical therapy and I am now obsessed with ‘the game’. I’m getting to some end game stuff and my question is:

I know a lot of you do multiple save files (I believe that is the correct term), but is it really fun to start from the parsnip seeds? I love my Galaxy sword and all my shiny toys. I have many ideas as to what to do different, but I feel like I might get bored with a wooden sword and the basic watering can.

What is your experience?
Hello,
I am 2 days away from spring year2 and I have about 11k gold and plenty of foods,seeds to plant,items to donate to museum and I made it to level 20 in the mines,
I basically am playing the game using no help and discovering everything on my own and I try not to allow anything to aggravate me outside of fishing which really pmo terribly as I just CANNOT land a fish but I do try and try at least and im sure I will get better soon,

I bought 5 storage bins rather quickly,updated my backpack quickly and im buying a stilo today and maybe a shed too,

I am also 6 stars into Leah already and have pretty much kept in contact with as many town folk as possible and gave gifts to quite a few already as well with Leah getting the best from me when possible,

I try to plan my days at 6am based on weather and fortune for the day and go from there and so far all has been slowly falling into place nicely....

rippytrippy

Planter
hm
well having different save files gives a diff experience... yes, it does in fact get boring when you have too much money, so it's nice to have an extra save file,,, however, when you have one really successful save file and then start a new one back to all the basic starter stuff it can be annoying and make you not want to play on the save file ig? Kinda happened to me at least

Ereo

Helper
Hello,
I am 2 days away from spring year2 and I have about 11k gold and plenty of foods,seeds to plant,items to donate to museum and I made it to level 20 in the mines,
I basically am playing the game using no help and discovering everything on my own and I try not to allow anything to aggravate me outside of fishing which really pmo terribly as I just CANNOT land a fish but I do try and try at least and im sure I will get better soon,
If you haven't yet, buy the training rod from Willy, it enlarges your green bar to level 4 or 5.
Fish in the mountain lake (by the mine) are easy to catch and therefore good for practice.
Willy also sells trout soup which enhances your fishing level by one.

Bubbub

Greenhorn
I normally don't do multiple saves, though besides my main save I did have two, as I do like the management on trying to do stuff with a tight budget, as I use my main farm as a practice plane for layouts and such since I have practically no money worries on that save, so its a nice zone to practice different ideas with no worries about running out of money.

Savagerider

Tiller
Yeah, I’m enjoying not having to worry about money, just spending it, getting my house to look put together instead of...well like it is. Just goofing around and seeing who to marry. It’s all new to me

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, I’m enjoying not having to worry about money, just spending it, getting my house to look put together instead of...well like it is. Just goofing around and seeing who to marry. It’s all new to me
Oh, having all the time to do whatever you want? To attain all the goals out there? That's awesome too. Once the only goal left is bigger numbers, though... I tend to move on.

Phate4569

Planter
Kinda like others said, it gets boring for me.

I get to the point where I have 3 Junimo Hut "ranges" plus my greenhouse pulling about 900 ancient fruit per week, plus 6 sheds of 132 kegs going. 2 sheds of crystalariums churning out Diamonds, Rubies, Jade and Quartz, all to trade at the Desert Trader.

By this point there is/was no challenge (besides that Damn Dog blocking my path and making me pass out).

I'm in year 3 of my 1.5 save and can't wait to unlock the island (deliberately waiting). In this save I went for the group scenes, and farmed more early on. Other than that there isn't much difference.

Once you are set up, the game is pretty much easy-mode. Optimizing how quickly and how easily you can get to that point is something I find to be an enjoyable challenge. So once I've gotten everything set up and running, I make a new save to try and do it better/faster/easier.

Quantumman29

Greenhorn
If you haven't yet, buy the training rod from Willy, it enlarges your green bar to level 4 or 5.
Fish in the mountain lake (by the mine) are easy to catch and therefore good for practice.
Willy also sells trout soup which enhances your fishing level by one.
Thanks,
Im just now in middle of Fall 2 and made it to level 50 in the mines and am doing quite well with a huge supply of goods saved up for the bundles completion and my goal is to fish fish fish in Winter as well as continue in the mines then as well....