1.6 Update New Profit Margin?

This is a question I have about one of the new objects:

5 fruits, but 7.5x the base price + 25. Is that better or worse than jelly/wine, or does it vary by fruit?

Squigglyruth

Planter
This is a question I have about one of the new objects:

5 fruits, but 7.5x the base price + 25. Is that better or worse than jelly/wine, or does it vary by fruit?
OK, I will give this a go:
5 fruits at 7.5x base price + 25. That's 1.5x base price + 25.
Wine is 3x base price, which will win out for any fruit where 1.5x base price is 25 or more. Looking at the wiki, this is just Qi fruit and salmonberries. I have never tried processing Qi fruit.
Jelly is 2x base price + 50. This is a straight-out win for all fruit - jelly is better value added than drying them out.
On the other hand, the dehydrator only takes 1750 minutes, rather than 4,000 for jelly or 10,000 for wine. So it might make sense if you have a lot of fruit and not much processing capacity.

OK, I will give this a go:
5 fruits at 7.5x base price + 25. That's 1.5x base price + 25.
Wine is 3x base price, which will win out for any fruit where 1.5x base price is 25 or more. Looking at the wiki, this is just Qi fruit and salmonberries. I have never tried processing Qi fruit.
Jelly is 2x base price + 50. This is a straight-out win for all fruit - jelly is better value added than drying them out.
On the other hand, the dehydrator only takes 1750 minutes, rather than 4,000 for jelly or 10,000 for wine. So it might make sense if you have a lot of fruit and not much processing capacity.
^This was my conclusion as well. I mostly use mine for common mushrooms, but if I have an excess of berries after my kegs/preserve jars have been filled and I have all the seeds I need for the next year, I'll throw them in the dehydrator before selling.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It’s a lot worse than kegs or jars but produces insanely fast and handles bulk (and a lot of it at that) for a reasonably cheap price. That means early game these things are going to be awesome before being phased out by jars and kegs for more valuable crops.

nicodeux

Farmer
It’s a lot worse than kegs or jars but produces insanely fast and handles bulk (and a lot of it at that) for a reasonably cheap price. That means early game these things are going to be awesome before being phased out by jars and kegs for more valuable crops.
That was also my analysis when I toyed with this new machine. This is also a good way to process mushrooms and make them more profitable, especially for those who pick mushroom cave for the extra cash it provides at early time in the game.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That was also my analysis when I toyed with this new machine. This is also a good way to process mushrooms and make them more profitable, especially for those who pick mushroom cave for the extra cash it provides at early time in the game.
Yep! Also now a reasonable way to process berry crops which actually makes them a lot better (before it was never really worth processing bulk berries outside of niche challenges)