New Game Option to start with advanced areas unlocked

BlaDe

Farmer
1.5 Came with the addition of the special requests board. This first unlocks on the 2nd of Fall.

There is a community of mixmax runners that attempt things like getting the most amount of money in the first year (In hand. Current known record is Cordite with 81.7M).

For these challenge runs, the special requests board gets unlocked far too late in order for the rewards to be of any real use (Monster Musk, Mini Warp Obelisks, etc).

Would it be possible to have an option on new game to start with the special requests board active from day 1 (or early Spring)?

Having early access to these mechanics will introduce more variety to the strategies used.

Kurachi84

Planter
Sounds interesting, and i could let a few characters go faster, cuz i make many characters, with other themes, and this would be one i can use for a few that are based on other things mostly/only.
No minmaxer, but i can use this, maybe making some test characters, too, to test stuff i'd do more seriously with other characters... and bug testing would be a thing for me, too.

Lew Zealand

Helper
At the very least this could be an additional game mode where these things are already unlocked for subsequent saves, once it's unlocked in one save. A number of games have this mode so you can start at a certain point in the game with similar gear/options/skills as a previous save and try things all over again without messing up that original save. I think Horizon Zero Dawn and maybe Shadow of the Tomb Raider have this option.

It's a great suggestion for Stardew Valley now that we have the Special Request Board.