New floor record (Floor 11187) achieved in Skull Cavern

Just came back into the game after having a long break, and decided to go back to SDV to beat my previous record (Floor 10050) in Skull Cavern. I passed out at Floor 11187 which is a floor number I am very satisfied with. I was planning to reach Floor 12000 as a bonus challenge, but the amount of effort and skill required as well as a bit of luck with the surrounding obstacles required to get to that floor number would be painful. I'd say this run is better than my previous skull cavern run as I had less trouble and wasn't as tired as when I did my 10k floor run. Very satisfied with this run.

Exhaustion at floor 11187.png

Screenshot 2023-09-30 105943.png

Closer look of the floor number reached.

Pristis_9-30-2023_10029256.png

Also here is one of the floors that I passed by. Floor 11123. This one is filled with a lot of iridium nodes. I would've been tempted to break those iridium nodes, but diving as deep as possible was the main goal.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Just came back into the game after having a long break, and decided to go back to SDV to beat my previous record (Floor 10050) in Skull Cavern. I passed out at Floor 11187 which is a floor number I am very satisfied with. I was planning to reach Floor 12000 as a bonus challenge, but the amount of effort and skill required as well as a bit of luck with the surrounding obstacles required to get to that floor number would be painful. I'd say this run is better than my previous skull cavern run as I had less trouble and wasn't as tired as when I did my 10k floor run. Very satisfied with this run.

View attachment 17339

View attachment 17342

View attachment 17341
Also here is one of the floors that I passed by. Floor 11123. This one is filled with a lot of iridium nodes. I would've been tempted to break those iridium nodes, but diving as deep as possible was the main goal.
Well done! On that Level I would have been tempted to run like a crazed chicken to avoid those Flying Serpents as knowledge of how tasty I am has passed into Legend amongst their people. It's not every day you are chosen to meet a deity and sample their tasty flesh. I must remain ever vigilant else I lose the occasional finger, foot, or pancreas.

That's amazing. How do you even place ladders fast enough? :laugh:

This is why I can't deep dive, I always spot things I just have to stop and collect. Yoink!
Yep I would've been tempted to collect those resources since they were very abundant if I were the be a newer player. I had to train myself to resist the urge of bombing ore nodes and collecting rewards in treasure rooms when I did my first few deep dives.

As for the ladders, I've made a post on how I place staircases quickly.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

View attachment 17339

View attachment 17342

View attachment 17341
Seeing how efficiently you pause buffer you would have only had something like 6 minutes at floor 11123, not even enough time to explode a couple bombs. Crazy lol

Seeing how efficiently you pause buffer you would have only had something like 6 minutes at floor 11123, not even enough time to explode a couple bombs. Crazy lol
Yeah they were very tempting and I already knew that I would not have much time to bomb them as many of them are far from the ladder exit. Still amazing to see the amount of iridium further down these levels, and it makes me want to bomb every node I see!